Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 38 Next >>
Topic: Impeachment (Again) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 October 2019 at 5:38am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

John Bolton seems like he will become a big thorn in Don's side now.
Back to Top profile | search

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 October 2019 at 8:49am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

It will be interesting to see how consequence is received by the orange one. I get the feeling he has been able to avoid any serious consequence from his actions over the years. More and more people are coming forth not only via subpoena, but also voluntarily.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 October 2019 at 10:09am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

He’s never had to face any consequences for ANYTHING. While his dad was alive, he bailed him out of any trouble he’d been in. Any other financial problems he’s had, he just ignores them. Money owed to people? Just never pay it. Hell, his campaign currently owes hundreds of thousands of dollars to various cities due to having to have increased security for his rallies. He just shrugs it off and says “no, I don’t owe you anything.” Yet, somehow he’s always allowed to just do whatever he wants. How about I just tell my mortgage company “I don’t owe you anything” and stop my payments to them. How long will I still have a roof over my head? And he would form charities just so he’d have money to spend. He never actually donated any money he’s ever promised to donate. Yet, he got in no trouble. He’s the worst kind of spoiled, enabled brat and now he’s the leader of the greatest nation on the planet and he wants to continue to behave as he always has. Only now, it’s America that he expects to bail him out. And so far, we have. Still no consequences for anything. Even if they do draw up the articles of impeachment, unless you have some Senate republicans that actually grow a spine, they’re going to acquit him. So, still no consequences. And we just let him keep on going. 

Fuck, it’s depressing. 

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 October 2019 at 9:28pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Trump tweeted a photo saying Nancy Pelosi had a meltdown

He needs to convince himself & his followers that she looked bad.... but she's stronger & braver than the rest of the men in the room put together.

Also, she made it her Twitter cover photo.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 October 2019 at 4:54am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

And now Elijah Cummings has passed away.

That is truly sad news.

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 October 2019 at 5:10am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

The text of this letter is beyond ridiculous.

I don't want to be responsible for destroying the Turkish economy - and I will!
History will look upon you favourably if you get this done. It will look upon you forever as the devil if good things don't happen. Don't be a tough guy. Don't be a fool!

Yeah, that'll work

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Koroush Ghazi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 October 2019 at 5:26am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

No matter how you look at it, the letter is frightening:

- the President of the US is sending correspondence to world leaders written at the 7th Grade level;

- this is the intellectual caliber of one of the richest men in America;

- as possibly the most scrutinised human being on the planet right now, Trump still decides to shamelessly make overt threats in a letter that was always going to be seen by the public.

I honestly think he is one of the dumbest US Presidents in history, I mean literally the lowest IQ and lowest level of self-awareness of any US leader the world has ever known, and that includes the self-confessed poor achiever Ulysses S. Grant.

The IMF put out another update to its global outlook, and sure enough, it explicitly notes that Trumps imbecilic posturing trade war with China has managed to drag global growth down to the lowest level since the GFC (a.k.a. George W. Bush's gift to the world).

This is why gullible/religious/stupid people must never again be allowed to vote.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Lund
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 October 2019 at 6:04am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Stupid is as stupid does

Carlos Velasco
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 October 2019 at 6:16am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

QUOTE:
This is why gullible/religious/stupid people must never again be allowed to vote.

With a couple of "simple" measures such as "one man one vote" and having to take a simple test to be able to vote (nothing complicated, just making sure you know the plans of the party you are voting for), the world will see improvements very fast.

Another interesting measure would be to make voting obligatory, so we can actually see what EVERYONE wants and not only 60% of them.

Of course, none of this will happen.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 October 2019 at 10:08am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Carlos V., I have no problem with "one man, one vote" - except that we need to change "man" to "person". This is a good venue to start removing the gender standards.

Our Bill of Rights prevents any type of testing someone in order to vote. One need not be able to read, write, or even speak to vote in the United States - just a body temperature of 37 and being registered is sufficient.

Also, requiring everyone to vote might be a good idea, but... how do you do it? We have people drive without licenses, own guns without permits, marry without licenses - I think it would be hard to make voting a requirement. Ironic note: you say 60% of the population votes? I don't think we get that much turnout except in very rare occasions. I hope that 2020 is one of those occasions.

A bribe to vote might get better response, e.g., a $50 card good at any supermarket or food store. But that's kind of a no-no also.

It's the nature of the USA that every citizen has the right to vote - no matter how foolish, prejudiced, or downright stupid they are. And that's as it should be. Koroush my friend, that's what freedom is about. Everyone is gullible one way or another (really - you can look it up. :) Everyone is ignorant* one way or another in the USA, and I'm afraid that national affairs and politics is one of the biggest areas of dumbness. As for religion - I believe you've found the one arena where religion and politics aren't separate. Should they be? That's a question for someone smarter than I am. A lot of the smartest and best people that I know are quite devout - and I know that one or two of them don't follow party lines, but vote on their own knowledge and consciences. That's good enough for me.

*Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.

The issue with Trump has to be laid at the feet of the voters - and that includes having left the Electoral College extant for so long. The public has the responsibility to find the right representatives, and to take the right action to keep our government good and functional. That is DAMNED hard work, and most people don't want to do it; and that lassitude results in presidents like W and Trump.

I would love to have a method to update this... but so far, no one has determined a way to infuse political responsibility into the body politic.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 October 2019 at 11:52am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Oh, Mick, Mick, Mick. What’s Trump gonna do with you? He actually stated the the US was withholding aid to Ukraine in order to get them to investigate democrats. Basically the exact OPPOSITE of Trump’s denial of any quid pro quo. Good job. 

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 October 2019 at 12:00pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Ha! He just said they couldn’t host the G7 summit in Aspen because they’d have to supply all the attendees with oxygen. That’s an excuse he gave for having it at Trump’s golf course in Florida. Apparently stupid IS contagious. 

<< Prev Page of 38 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version