Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 38 Next >>
Topic: Impeachment (Again) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 November 2019 at 9:11am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

James, I am sorry to hear that your politics and religion are being bastardized before your eyes, but I fear the only thing that might sway the religious zealots supporting this president is Christ himself appearing and explaining they are all going to hell for supporting him. Even then, I have my doubts that Christ's statement would be believed by the Evangelicals supporting this guy. I stand by my pseudo "The Usual Suspects" statement; the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the wicked that they were pious.
Back to Top profile | search

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 November 2019 at 9:15am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Well, impeaching Trump is apparently a Jew Coup!

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 November 2019 at 9:41am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I can’t argue with a single thing you said there Eric
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 November 2019 at 10:05am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Eric,

I am sorry, but I have always thought that if the Christ of the Bible returned to Earth that today's Christians would crucify him all over again.

Marc

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 November 2019 at 10:17am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

How is it a Jew coup when his number one racist adviser is a Jew?

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 November 2019 at 10:19am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Nice one, Marc.

As I mentioned before, we can't all be correct. Either the facts demonstrate that the current leadership is fighting to put the country first, ending corrupt activity, preserving democracy, etc. OR the current leadership is putting themselves above country, participating in corrupt activity, dismantling democracy, etc. It can't be both and it boggles my mind that there is such a divide between the people watching it all unfold. We aren't talking about whether or not pineapple belongs on a pizza. We are talking about what constitutes criminal activity. Why are so many people on opposite ends of this subject?

Edited by Eric Ladd on 27 November 2019 at 10:19am

Mark McKay
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 November 2019 at 11:00am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Matt Reed wrote:
First off, the "transcript" is not a literal transcript.  Never has been.  We've already heard testimony from those who heard the conversation first hand that there were key portions not included in the glossed-over account given to the House as "proof" that it was a "perfect" conversation.

Second, do we honestly need a recording (video or audio) of the president literally saying "I want a quid pro quo" to get that that's exactly what he wanted?  Reporting has come out that the White House retroactively tried to make a case for withholding money from Ukraine in anticipation of this becoming an issue.  Who works that hard behind the scenes to manipulate communications and decisions just to justify the whims of a madman if it's not true?  Seriously.  

Third, if you honestly think that the testimony given the last two weeks is simply "he said, she said" then you haven't been following along.  These are career diplomats, most unimpeachably non-partisan, who raised serious concerns with how the White House was conducting itself with regard to Ukraine, specifically, and foreign policy, generally. To boil that down to simply "he said, she said" is, I'm sorry, bullshit. That's not "keeping all your options open" or "being fair" or "trying to understand both sides". It's either a willful decision to always treat both sides equally despite all evidence to the contrary or ignorance to accept the fact that Republicans are playing (have been playing) a very horrible, disingenuously dirty game for quite some time and, in the end, are happy for you to be "confused" as to what is really going on.  That is the best that they can hope for.  If they get that, it's a win.

Matt, we're on the same side on this. I just think when it gets kicked over to the senate, the only way Republican senators will be swayed is with harder evidence than testimony from career diplomats. Right or wrong, I think there will need to be something more tangible, and I don't feel we've seen it yet. Yes, numerous people swirling around the same subject and with "assumptions" that the directives were coming from the president. 

I think there are too many ways out of this one still. And I think Trump surviving an Impeachment before the election will not be a good thing.

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 November 2019 at 11:19am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

“Why are so many people on opposite ends of this subject?”

I think its because Trump is the one President who openly expresses the disdain and hate (too) many Americans feel about people who are not like them.  Trump hates who they hate.  And they know that after him...especially if he is impeached/removed or soundly voted out of office after one tumultuous term, there will never be another.  

Trump is their chance to drag the country back to what THEY want it to be.  So if he lies...he is doing it for their benefit.  If he cheats...he is doing it on their behalf.  My theory is supported by the fact that Trump remains the most popular Republican in America by far.  Even though politically he is as toxic as an asbestos and uranium sandwich, the GOP largely will stick by him because their electorate simply LOVES him.  To go against him means losing your supporting voters.  So they tow the line.  And it wouldn’t matter if the economy was doing poorly or not.  I love it when a Trump supporter touts the stock market gains of the day as a reason why Trump is good for America.  As if the millions poor people living in cardboard boxes under the freeway overpass know anything about that.  

The vast majority of Trump’s rank and file support are poor, working class stiffs who are always among the first to be shafted by GOP policies.   So this isn’t about white working class economic strife.  This is about a President openly keeping brown and black people in check and on notice.

Edited by David Allen Perrin on 27 November 2019 at 11:20am

Koroush Ghazi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 November 2019 at 5:49pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Well said David.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 December 2019 at 10:25pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I think I've sussed the Republican defense strategy re: Trump's extortion attempt on the Ukriane...

It's like a robber stopped in the act before the loot is handed over claiming there's no crime because the money didn't quite make it into his hands. Now who could be more innocent and victimized than that? The aid the Ukraine was supposed to have gotten earlier, and the meeting, went to them the moment they knew about a whistle-blower... nothing to see here folks, no crime... ((insert whistling here))

What a yuuuuge joke! If they just hand over to Pence who was also involved it's like nabbing the bag man but leaving the getaway driver alone. I definitely have overestimated the intelligence and decency of a large segment of the U.S., I now won't be surprised it the tottering on the brink lands on the down side. I really never thought I'd see this in my life. Maybe a lot of folks were softened up after Cheney going to the 'dark' side and that born-again faultless puppet he hid behind? Pre-emptive wars based on known false info, secret torture centers... and then what were the consequences... Halibuton relocates to the middle east. Yeah, everyone should spend what the U.S. does on Haliburton, er, cough cough, I mean defense, why the fact they don't should be good enough to sabotage NATO, right comrade Trump?

How many 'good men' have been saying and doing nothing lately? Just a few more McCains to say "no ma'am" when it's their turn and we might all be in a lot better world right now. Very sad times.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 December 2019 at 10:29pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

"How did [Republicans] become monarchists? 'Cause basically what they’re arguing is that the president is acting in a kingly fashion and that’s okay.” - Presidential historian Jon Meacham on MSNBC

RE: Judiciary Committee hearings... one of the most infuriating deceitful displays I’ve ever seen by the Republicans. Hope they live to regret what they’re doing to the Constitution and this country by defending Trump’s abuse of power.

-C!

Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 December 2019 at 10:12pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

And it’s done. Donald Jesus Trump is now the third president in American history to be impeached. 

<< Prev Page of 38 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version