Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum Page of 2 Next >>
Topic: Forum Issues Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 January 2020 at 1:46pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Anyone else having an issue where you can't reply at all to certain threads but have no problems with others? Just made two attempts to reply on the Meghan and Harry thread and both times got message not posted. Had a similar experience with the Watchmen TV show thread, although I think I got an actual error message on that one. Tried different browsers and different devices and everything, but nothing seemed to get it work. The weird thing is I had replied in that Watchman thread prior to not being able to later. 
Back to Top profile | search

Adam Schulman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 January 2020 at 1:59pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Yes, me too. I don't understand.

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 January 2020 at 2:08pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

So it isn't just me then. Thanks, Adam. Never had this problem before like a month or so ago. Thankfully it has only affected two threads so far for me.

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 January 2020 at 2:22pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Today was the first time that has happened to me.

Just a black screen with "Message not posted"

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 January 2020 at 2:54pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Same thing happened to me - wrote a post in an existing thread - clicked post and got the "Message not posted" response.

Marc

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 January 2020 at 3:21pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Tim O Neill wrote:
This is probably going to take some time to resolve, so I appreciate everyones patience as the tech team looks into this.

I do have one suggestion as a possible temporary work-around - if you disable WYSIWYG in your Settings/Forum Preferences, it may make it able for you to post in the thread. Not a permanent solution, but it worked for me when I had a similar problem.

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 January 2020 at 8:54pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Is it flat out deleting comments?  I saw Matt had posted a comment in the "Song of the South" thread earlier, and I just now went to post a response and his comment is gone, gone, gone (not with the wind, one would assume).
Back to Top profile | search | www

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 January 2020 at 9:48pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

For me, it just refuses to post comments... Tim's suggest
workaround does provide a solution though.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 January 2020 at 1:31pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I've always tried to look at forums as someone's private 'home', or even like a fanzine/magazine. If I contribute something not wanted enough by the owner and their designated help to be not accepted/published/deleted maybe that's doing me a favor? I saw something I contributed about my dislike for magical characters disappear. No worries. I found elsewhen/elsewhere JB had already been there with both The Impossible Man and Mr. Mxyzptlyk, and addressing some of the those things in earlier comics that bugged me! How he do that? It was mostly just a negative vent from me, and maybe it didn't go through and I failed to notice even.I did do the settings change to avoid the 'comment not posted' thing, but I got the 'magical characters bad' thing out of my system anyway.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 15 January 2020 at 1:32pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Koroush Ghazi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2020 at 3:36am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I haven't run into this issue recently, but searching for some comments I made about Meghan Markle maybe a year ago at the most, I can't find anything now. I know for sure I made the comment(s), I've searched through the site itself, and also via google advanced search, with some fairly unique search terms (e.g "koroush" "markle" site:byrnerobotics.com) and nothing comes up.

So I get the feeling it's actually randomly deleting entries in your forum database and/or specifically deleting entries which are beyond a certain post length, etc. That's not good.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

James Best
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 January 2020 at 6:15pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Any luck in fixing the Search function? It has been months since I was able to search for my favorite topics and I haven't heard if there is a workaround in place or a repair on the horizon... 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 January 2020 at 6:22pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I only have issues with the site when on my Kindle. I cannot post at all on the mobile version of the site with it (`Post Reply' won't work), and sometimes when I post using the non-mobile version on it, my post will go through, but most of the screen becomes black afterward. I have to close and reopen the Silk browser a few times to get the site back to normal when that happens.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version