Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic
Byrne Robotics > Fan Fic << Prev Page of 24 Next >>
Topic: Methadone (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 November 2020 at 7:27am | IP Logged | 1  

This is one awesome page. I'd love to hear where this subplot was going one of these days.
Back to Top profile | search

Derek Rogers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 November 2020 at 8:34am | IP Logged | 2  

Wow! The Skrulls look awesome! Thanks for the peek at these deleted "scenes".

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 November 2020 at 9:06am | IP Logged | 3  

The bonus features on this Elsewhen blu ray are STELLAR! =)

Love seeing Byrne Skrulls so much. Thanks for sharing this, JB.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 November 2020 at 9:47am | IP Logged | 4  

I am so loving these pages. Just amazing and I always enjoy seeing your FF, Mr. Byrne.

As a side note... I hope that sometime, you get an itch to take another shot at the First Line again. Covering the era from the Invaders to the Fantastic Four was a wonderful sojourn, and it would be a delight to cover more of it.

On the other hand, I don't know if you told all the story you wanted to... but a man can dream. ;)

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 06 November 2020 at 9:51am | IP Logged | 5  

Roger and I had lots more we wanted to do. Of course, since the series is 20 years old, we’d need to slip a few more chapters around it!

Paul Wills
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 November 2020 at 10:27am | IP Logged | 6  

That page just looked like a whole lot of fun to draw!

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 06 November 2020 at 10:31am | IP Logged | 7  

That it was!

One of the reasons I drifted off into this unproductive subplot was that it was presenting me with a lot of pages that were fun to draw—but had precious little to do with the X-Men!

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 November 2020 at 1:22pm | IP Logged | 8  

I have to say, I love that "you're on your own!" cut off.

Paul Wills
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 November 2020 at 1:49pm | IP Logged | 9  

I have to say, I love that "you're on your own!" cut off.
-----------------------
That last line made me laugh!
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Chris Durnell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 November 2020 at 2:16pm | IP Logged | 10  

JB, what is your general principle for this series in regards to referencing other Marvel characters?  The use of the FF and Spidey in this excised sub-plot prompted this question for me.

One of the things I liked about the shared universe were not only the occasional guest stars, but the brief call outs to events of other comics published at the time (especially ones that had some relevance to the title, or just to acknowledge something that would be newsworthy).  Like how many titles referenced the weather changes from the Casket of Ancient Winters or the invasion by Surtr in Walt's Thor run.

And while many comics could be considered to be "static" in that not much should noticeably change in time, teams like the Avengers have noticeable roster changes over time.  And certain characters change a lot (new costumes or even new powers - like Rhodey being Iron Man for a while), and new characters are created that did not exist previously.  So it's possible to "track" the passage of time in the Marvel Universe by such things.  

That's either a feature or a problem for a project like this.

So what's your plan for this in Elsewhen?  For example, will the Avengers be in permanent 1980 roster?  Will they "advance" to reflect actual changes of the team (with the passage of time determined by you that we are now in "1983" or "1985" etc.?  Would we see "new" roster to reflect changes we - as the readers - will never see?  Or is this something you're still mulling over as how to handle?

And relatedly, if you don't mind me asking, what about "future" X-Men (or New Mutants) that were introduced after you left?  Regardless of your specific plans (which I do not expect you to reveal), are you open to using some of them?  Or do you intend to break clean and only use your own?  Or again, you'll make the determination later?

I'm just curious as if you have general principles that are guiding your creative decisions for characters outside of this team of X-Men and established villains.

You may have posted something like this earlier, but I wasn't able to find that in the old threads I've read.  Thanks for your time.

Paul Go
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 November 2020 at 3:26pm | IP Logged | 11  

These pages are awesome, JB.  I'm so grateful that you're sharing them.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm here for the fun story more than it just being the X-Men book. If you had kept this sub-plot, you would have had no complaints from me, that's for sure. 

I get that you don't want the X-Men to be guest stars in their own book, but part of me would be thrilled if the book transformed from "X-Men Elsewhen" to "X-Men and the rest of the Marvel Universe Elsewhen". 

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 November 2020 at 5:12pm | IP Logged | 12  

Brilliant page! That first panel gives me a  feel of classic Star Trek. The skrulls look great and overall just suggests a fun story.

<< Prev Page of 24 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version