Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 39 Next >>
Topic: President Biden, Being Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 November 2020 at 10:53am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

ITEM: OF course President Biden isn't going to do all the work himself. No president ever has. Biden needs to pick an excellent cabinet. He has to re-establish our diplomatic corps. He needs his scientific and medical teams to handle covid. But he will need to decide the direction that those efforts are directed. I keep seeing that the Senate isn't decided yet; that it's 48 - 48. We have to hope that the Dems manage to catch those last senators. Alternatively, we need to see MoscowMitch arrested and imprisoned and removed from his seat.

ITEM: Everyone is saying, "Well, Mr. Biden is president, happiness; but now, he has to face all these obstacles and challenges. What will he do?" Yes, but let's realize - ANYONE had to face those obstacles and challenges. Had Trump won re-election, he would have the exact same situation before him. I'm sure he would have been vengeful and vindicative and exacted terrible retribution, all while addressing NONE of our problems. President Biden seems focused on the problems and ready to deal with them. That's what's important to me.
Back to Top profile | search

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 November 2020 at 12:35pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I really hope the vast majority of people can start to focus on what they can do together to mitigate the immediate threat of coivd. Have to be careful about being a 'librul' lecturing folks, but information and understanding about masks and other measures is clearly needed. I saw Mitt Romney speak to CNN earlier and not knowing what his 'position' on these things might be it would be great to have his help in the work of getting everyone on the same page finally to fight the transmission and get people back to much needed and wanted work in all possible meanings sooner.

I liked that Romney said he would be praying for Biden, a gesture of integrity and American togetherness which used to come with these jobs! A source of hope, for both a healthy conservative party someday as well as Americans seeing examples of their 'servants' working together, yet without abandoning their beliefs, concerns and issues.

If someone is for the spread of covid, that is who is a "them" as far as reality is concerned. Let's get smart!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 November 2020 at 5:06pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

If you want some real entertainment, go on Facebook and look at all the Trumphards who are just as out of it as Delusional Donny himself. Some of them even think that the Supreme Court can overturn the results, and are still buying the `mail-in ballots are voter fraud' bullshit that Trump has been tossing around....completely ignoring that that is how Arizona votes and that even past Presidents have voted that way.

Edited by Brian Floyd on 08 November 2020 at 5:06pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Tim Cousar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 November 2020 at 6:29pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I see many of them claiming they're leaving Facebook for MeWe and Parler. It'll clean up my timeline, for sure.

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:52pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Antonio LaMotta, 61, and Joshua Macias, 42, both of Chesapeake, Virginia, were arrested Thursday night outside the Pennsylvania Convention Center on suspicion of carrying handguns in Pennsylvania without permits. Why would two individuals from Virginia feel the need to drive to Pennsylvania armed with several firearms? It is pure speculation on my part, but these two seem like they were trying to stop illegal ballots from being counted just like Edgar Welch was at Ping Pong Pizza to stop child trafficking. Why are they so stupid?

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:29pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Good grief. :^(

"Trump plans rallies to protest his election loss."

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/crime-pmn/biden-plans- for-white-house-as-trump-plans-rallies-to-protest-his-electi on-loss

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/08/politics/donald-trump-campaig n-messaging-election-problems/index.html
Back to Top profile | search | www

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 November 2020 at 1:23am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I think the time has come that the news starts to ignore this man.
Those rallies will be hyper fire lies.

The danger, of course, is shown on Eric’s post.
Lots of people believe those lies.

& it only takes a few to act on them.

Now, if he starts to give instructions along the lines he has previouslt]y
hinted @, then things get very dangerous

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 November 2020 at 6:50am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

ee many of them claiming they're leaving Facebook for MeWe and Parler. It'll clean up my timeline, for sure.

-----

They claim that all the time. The problem is they don't get any attention on those sites, which is what they really want. 

Wilson Mui
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 November 2020 at 8:25am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I wonder if Trump would have been re-elected if Pfizer came out with its
vaccine news a week earlier.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 November 2020 at 11:24am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Biden-Harris have already announced their Covid-19 Advisory Board.

Let that sink in: They're not even in office yet, and have already done more regarding Covid than the orange man-baby has.

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 November 2020 at 2:16pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

45 was never going to do anything.

Plus Pfizer did not participate in Operation: Ludicrous Speed

Shawn Kane
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 November 2020 at 5:44am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

My political beliefs lean more to the right than just about everyone in this thread but I'm an American before I'm anything else, so I hope that Biden is successful in trying to close the divide in the country. He's my President even if I didn't vote for him. I hate the fact that people dislike others because they choose to vote for different people. "Agreeing to disagree" and compromise don't seem to be things that people are interested in anymore. Hopefully, he can find some of that middle ground we've lost the last few decades.

<< Prev Page of 39 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version