Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 14 Next >>
Topic: Covid-19 Vaccinations Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2021 at 5:21am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Trump recently said to Fox that everyone should take the vaccine because "it's safe and it works", adding that many of the people against vaccines "voted for him".

Most of the Qanon followers are anti-vaccine and consider Trump the new messiah, so they're pretty confused about this. Many are already calling the interview "fake" or desperately hanging on to old Trump tweets where he implied vacines caused autism in children.
Back to Top profile | search

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2021 at 5:56am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Anyone who claims they're allergic to the vaccine isn't.  It's just another excuse to not get a shot.  The odds of anyone being allergic to all of the vaccines is basically the same as winning the lottery while being struck by lightning while getting a hole in one on a par 5 all at the same time.

Peter Hicks
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2021 at 8:14am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Regarding shaming people for jumping the queue, our company president put it quite nicely:” Don’t cut the line.  But when it’s your turn, step up.”

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2021 at 9:11am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Got my first shot last week. The staffers told me that I'll receive an email with a follow up to come in. It's a long drive (about an hour and a half) but worth it.
Now to get an appointment for my wife...

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2021 at 11:22am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Got my first shot last weekend. Only side effect was a slight sore arm for a couple of days, but nothing I wouldn't expect from getting any shot, really. My next shot is already scheduled, so hopefully all will go well with that and I will be somewhat safer from the virus.

Back to Top profile | search | www

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2021 at 5:11pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I received my second shot weeks ago, and (other than the expected sore shoulder) experienced no side effects. 

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2021 at 8:38pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

China just announced today that all teachers must be vaccinated by June. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Jim Burdo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 March 2021 at 3:05am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

John Byrne wrote:
I've been trying for more than two weeks to set up an appointment, but the online system has stuck me in some kind of loop, sending me repeatedly thru the same forms, then back to the start without any success.

Is there a number you can call? Can you go to the vaccinators' websites directly, like Kroger, CVS, etc.?

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 March 2021 at 7:22am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

My father is 86 and mother is almost 79, and they kept getting shut out online for an appointment at the Walgreens offering shots just two minutes drive from their front door. So, one day, my mother just walked in and asked for an appointment and -- bloop! -- done, got it, immediately. Filled out some forms, came back a couple of days later, first shot administered. Second coming in a few days.

Matt Clouser
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 March 2021 at 8:23am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Got my first shot (Pfizer) on March 17th.  Shot was smooth and had absolutely no pain or side effects.  I was expecting at least some discomfort because my wife had a more typical reaction -  minor arm pain - after her first Pfizer shot.

Daniel Gillotte
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 March 2021 at 11:03am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I'm a grocer and finally got my first pfizer shot last Friday. Was very tender as the evening wore on but was totally fine the following day. No seeming flu-like feelings whatsoever. Get my final one on 4/2 (GOOD Friday!)

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 March 2021 at 11:11am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

It's sad that so many people around the country are having trouble getting registered to get their shots, or having complications with the process. I have to say, my city has been doing a great job at getting people in and out. I accompanied my mother for both of her shots, and both of those times, and with my own first appointment, there was virtually no waiting even with plenty of other people there. It took longer for both of us after the shot, waiting as advised by staff a half hour or so to make sure there were no immediate side-effects, than it did to get in and get shot.

<< Prev Page of 14 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version