Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum
Topic: message for Mr Byrne from France! Important! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 February 2022 at 5:25pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Hello Mr Byrne. My name is Antonio, I'm a 45 years old Italian who lives in France and there is a very dishonest publisher who publishes his material, Danger Unlimited to be precise, without having the rights.
How do I know? Simple: besides the fact that this publisher, Editions Dante, is not new to do these things, that is to publish without the rights, I bought the magazine in which Danger Unlimited is published and, surprise, the quality of the pages sucks, but that still could be because he is an incapable, but above all, the page where the character of Thermal comes out of sleep, is truncated on the right, a whole piece is missing, and the case wants that I found on the web a pirated scan of Danger Unlimited, by IDW, in 2 parts (inside there is also Babe) and not only the quality of the pirated scan is very bad, but the page I was talking about, the one of Thermal, is truncated in the exact same way.

The first issue of the magazine has titled it Titan Comics, the second will be called Mutant...

Eccole l'imamgine dello scan pirata

and here's the picture I just took with my phone

as you can see, same page, same, because this person, Tony Dax, that is Antonio D'Agostino, is also very lazy and is a real imbecile. (and unfortunately for me, we also have the same first name! and he is also of Italian origin, but it's a detail)

it's not possible that this person continues to make money on the authors stealing their work.
he did the same thing with Michael T Gilbert, who I warned, and this dishonest guy didn't even apologize, he just removed the comic and wrote "don't make trouble for me"

Best

Antonio Pastucci

Edited by Antonio Pastucci on 21 February 2022 at 8:36pm
Back to Top profile | search

Antonio Pastucci
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 February 2022 at 8:23am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

really? piracy is not problem? Editors publish Mr Byrne works for nothing? ok.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 22 February 2022 at 8:37am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I’m not familiar with this, but I just signed a deal for several of my properties to be published in Europe.

Antonio Pastucci
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 February 2022 at 10:05am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Hello Mr. Byrne.
let me first of all tell you how much I love your work. I rediscovered comics, back in '89, in Italy, thanks to your Fantastic 4.
But I'll get to the point: this publisher, Editions Dante, is known, as I wrote before, for being a person, or several persons, because they are brothers, who publish material without having the rights, downloading it from the internet.
And as I have shown you, the page that this guy has published, corresponds perfectly to that of the online pirated TPB.
now there are 2 things: either he downloaded some pirated material and published that, in fact the graphic quality simply sucks, of that magazine, or IDW published a TPB with a page that has a huge defect and sent to this person some really poor material, as visual quality. And since I don't think IDW is made up of a bunch of incompetents...

and then this guy keeps on selling Angel : Blood & tranchee... only now Angel is at Boom!, I think... He still sells FX, his own, but he hasn't had the rights for years.
I understand that you don't deal with these things directly, but I can't get in touch with IDW... 
Mr. Byrne, I also just, just now, checked the page of the magazine I'm talking about and the pirated scan... on the right there are also the little marks (I don't know what they're called) to center it.
I'll inform her, then if she wants to ask IDW or not, it's about her.
You can ask, if you want, Michael T Gilbert what happened with his Mr Monster.

I'm available for anything you need if you need it. 
I wish you a good day and I apologize for the insistence.

Best

Antonio

Bert Kruger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 February 2022 at 3:23pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Just went to there website, if it's piracy then he's doing it to more creators than just JB.

Antonio Pastucci
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 February 2022 at 4:45pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

in fact, as I wrote, he had to remove Mr Monster by Michael T Gilbert, X by Dark Horse, Black Bat by Dynamite, he publishes Shadow and Seena, golden age, which is NOT public domain material, he publishes AMOK, which belongs to François Corteggiani...
knowing him, he could have sold the first comics without the rights, to have the money to regularize, at the most... but I don't believe it.

here in france no one wants to work with him anymore because he has screwed too many people.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version