Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic
Byrne Robotics > Fan Fic Page of 13 Next >>
Topic: Studio 108 (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 May 2005 at 1:35pm | IP Logged | 1  

My suggestion for a JB related Studio name might be something like "Studio 12"

Simply as issue twelve of Alpha Flight is probably the one moment in comics that I look back on with great nostalgia and I still keep a copy by my drawing board to this day.

What would you suggest?

Edited by Darren Taylor on 13 August 2005 at 7:05am
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Steve Horton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 May 2005 at 2:19pm | IP Logged | 2  

I like the name.

Any room for comics scriptwriters in such a studio, or is this particular one for artists only? :)

Back to Top profile | search | www

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 May 2005 at 3:25pm | IP Logged | 3  

I like where you're going with it Darren.  As far as I'm concerned Steve the more the merrier . You Darren i wonder it might be cool if we could persuade J.B. to suggest a name for the Studio.However  the name 'Studio 12'is kind of cool.

Back to Top profile | search

Glenn Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 May 2005 at 4:44pm | IP Logged | 4  

If we go by significant issues as landmarks, then my suggestion would be Studio 108.  As in Uncanny X-Men #108, John's first issue on the series that would catapult him to prominence.  First saw it when I was in fifth grade and eventually "convinced" its owner to let me "borrow" it for an indeterminate period...LOL  I still have it, tattered cover and all.

Darren Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2005 at 2:52am | IP Logged | 5  

Anthony J Lombardi wrote:

I like where you're going with it Darren.  As far as I'm concerned Steve the more the merrier . You Darren i wonder it might be cool if we could persuade J.B. to suggest a name for the Studio.However  the name 'Studio 12'is kind of cool.

I'd think John suggesting a studio name would be cool but wonder if that misses the whole "tip-of-the-hat" aspect?

"Studio 12" is mereley an example of the sort of thing I think we are looking for. A Studio name that relates in some way either on an obvious or personal level to John.

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2005 at 7:02am | IP Logged | 6  

Darren i think That it is a brillant idea That you've come up with.

Darren Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2005 at 10:07am | IP Logged | 7  

Here's another thought. I get the impression that we all have lots of our own characters!? (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

As such how about -everyone- donate one of their own characters to the Studio.

This doesn't remove any creator rights. The idea being you bring one character with you. You develop that character in the Studio environment and to whatever we agree the studios principle/direction is and see how it comes out at the end.

I'll give you an example. In forethought to proposing this I dug out awhole host of old characters and thought, "Who haven't I really updated or given a fair shake of the stick to?" I found one such character that I'm keen to develop.

Given that I'm from Scotland, he's a Scottish character, "Claymour". The character is an old one for sure that requires some modernisation and fleshing out. I'm going to do this and he's the one I'd bring to the Studio with me.

Anyone got any other Studio name suggestions?

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2005 at 11:41am | IP Logged | 8  

That sounds like a good idea to me. I have one that i recently brought out of hiding That i'm looking to tweek abit . He stems from a nightmare i had once as a kid along with some ideas i picked up along the way. His name is Gothic I have him pretty much fleshed out just needs small details here and there i'd love to bring him with me. He is american

About the Studio name  I really like your idea Calling it
Studio(insert number here) Perhaps we all can pick a number maybe based on something significant to something J.B. has created

Darren Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2005 at 12:01pm | IP Logged | 9  

About the Studio name  I really like your idea Calling it
Studio(insert number here) Perhaps we all can pick a number maybe based on something significant to something J.B. has created

What about the year that JB did his first professional gig?

Or of course you could drop the "studio" label and head down the art movement lines with Byrneism or JBalite...I kinda like the "alite" given "Byrne is to "burn" as "alite" is to "on fire"

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2005 at 12:18pm | IP Logged | 10  

I like the Studio in the name something about it i like i think the year J.B. got his first pro gig is a good idea. A byrnism would be cool too but i like something you touched upon before tipping of the Hat also if there was something clandestine about the name  a inside thing you know

Darren Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2005 at 12:31pm | IP Logged | 11  

I like the Studio in the name something about it i like i think the year J.B. got his first pro gig is a good idea. A byrnism would be cool too but i like something you touched upon before tipping of the Hat also if there was something clandestine about the name  a inside thing you know

True, although Clandestine makes me think that there would be an alterior motive but the motive should be purely good quality and professional!

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2005 at 12:37pm | IP Logged | 12  

I agree about the motivation but what i mean by clandestine is purely for the sense mystery i guess i would want people whoever saw what we did and saw the Say "Studio 12" and be like what's that all about what is the meaning of the number 12

Page of 13 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version