Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 4
Topic: Blood of The Demon in LITG (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member
Official JB Historian

Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:05am | IP Logged | 1  

We all understood that clean-slate to be an editorial mandate, John.  What's more, while JB has talked about wanting to do Doom Patrol for years, I can't find an instance where he said how he wanted to do it.

Priase Allah!

Back to Top profile | search

Richard Siegel
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:26am | IP Logged | 2  

Who are these imbeciles? Bring them to ZOD!
Back to Top profile | search | www | email

John McMahon
Byrne Robotics Member
Membership Revoked

Posted: 24 August 2005 at 4:00am | IP Logged | 3  

Mike, I think it'd be fair to say that John wasn't unhappy with the clean-slate approach to his Doom Patrol run. 

I know he's been itching to get at the Demon for a while too, so that's two projects that DC served up for him.  Fuckers!

Edited to add :

"John Byrne wants to pretend that this is the first time we have ever seen these characters," said DC Editor Mike Carlin. "Look, I'm a huge comics fan and I know that this is a bitter pill to swallow. I know that some readers are going to be very upset with us."

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid =11354

Edited by John McMahon on 24 August 2005 at 4:13am
Back to Top profile | search | www

Mig Da Silva
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2005 at 4:26am | IP Logged | 4  

This will kill BotD sales. DC has to shut this gossip bitch down.

Yeah, "Blame the Messanger."

C'mon, either someone leaked, or it's a bold faced lie. And let's be real. Someone leaked.

What is sad, is, this being a true DC decision, that they choose to cancel books without giving them a chance. Cancelling a book at #18 when it's still on #6 is ludicrous.

If it's not, and we'll be here commemorating #19, fine. Hurray for DC. Bad Rumour-Rich, naughty, naughty boy. Until then let's keep in mind, that as much as people enjoy getting angry at the mail man, Rich's «rumours» have a uncanny way of turning into real news once there's an official fess up from above.

Are they «rumours» or inside info?

Most likely the latter.

But hey, let's blame the messanger. It's easier.

John Byrne
Next!

Posted: 24 August 2005 at 4:50am | IP Logged | 5  

Mig Da Silva: C'mon, either someone leaked, or it's a bold faced lie. And let's be real. Someone leaked.

You can "face" whatever you like, but if you are interested in the truth you might want to pay a little more attention to what I say, rather than what you get from someone reporting rumors.

One more time: There has been no decision on the fate of BLOOD. None. Nada. Zip. Nil. Nought.

(Is there another way I can say this that will help with your comprehension?)

John Byrne
Next!

Posted: 24 August 2005 at 4:52am | IP Logged | 6  

Keith Elder: And I seem to remember JB saying something about a 12 issue commitment to BOTD...

Then your memory is broken. I suggest you get it fixed, or possibly stop commenting on things you "seem" to remember.

My commitment to BLOOD is open ended. Always has been.

Andrew Kneath
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2005 at 4:55am | IP Logged | 7  

QUOTE:
Cancelling a book at #18 when it's still on #6 is ludicrous.

It's not just ludicrous, it's highly improbable. No one would make such a descision from a commercial position. If it was an artistic one then perhaps yes, if it was a case of only so many stories to tell.

While I am not a reader of BOTD (not into supernatural stuff and gore) I get the feeling the book has far more potential to gain an audience than DP had and giving a helping hand from DC (the crossovers won't hurt) the book could well become a hit.

Edited by Andrew Kneath on 24 August 2005 at 4:58am

John McMahon
Byrne Robotics Member
Membership Revoked

Posted: 24 August 2005 at 5:16am | IP Logged | 8  

John, you should drop Rich an e-mail and tell him to remove that story.

Paul Greer
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 24 August 2005 at 5:56am | IP Logged | 9  

To be honest I've never heard of this Johnson character except through this site. I rarely look at other comic book sites if there is no link provided here.

What I have learned about gossip writers is that they mix in truth with fiction all the time. When it comes to an announcement a few months away they use their sources to get the real story. When it comes to making big announcements over a year away they give predictions as facts. They do this for two reasons: one, a year later if their prediction comes true, they will crow about how they knew all along that this "fact" was going to take place. Secondly they do it because if they are wrong they know nobody will remember a small article they read over a year ago, and won't be called out for their "facts" being wrong.

Gossip writers long to be the center of attention like the stars or creators they write about. Don't give them that satisfaction. 

Edited by Paul Greer on 24 August 2005 at 5:57am

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2005 at 7:03am | IP Logged | 10  

Why not let this thread go into hibernation until something more concrete regarding BOTD's future is announced?  Right now the title is an ongoing series with no end in sight. 

John Byrne
Next!

Posted: 24 August 2005 at 7:33am | IP Logged | 11  

Done!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 4
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version