Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 2
Topic: Absolute Man Of Steel in 2026... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message
Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 28 July 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 32265
Posted: 03 August 2025 at 10:40pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Some years ago I tore up some of my comp copies of all three
GENERATIONS and put them together in chronological order. I was pleased
to find it worked as well as it did.

****

I wish the Omnibus volume had done that. I was flipping back and forth thru
the whole thing. (Also wish the black & white story was in there. Of course I
understand why CAPTAIN AMERICA/BATMAN wasn’t, but that would’ve
been nice too.)
Back to Top profile | search
 
John Byrne
Avatar
Grumpy Old Guy

Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 137163
Posted: 04 August 2025 at 12:18pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Altho my version of the black & white story had a GENERATIONS caption, editorial removed it before publication—without telling me.
Back to Top profile | search
 
John Byrne
Avatar
Grumpy Old Guy

Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 137163
Posted: 01 September 2026 at 6:00pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Received my comp copies. A handsome volume—until I opened it and had to deal immediately with the Dick Art inking.

Also painful to look at my art and be reminded of how overwhelmed I felt.

Back to Top profile | search
 
Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 April 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 8705
Posted: 30 September 2026 at 4:15am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Question: Does the Absolute Edition contain the printing dropouts from the Flexographic process at the time that plagued this mini-series? 

I already own TPBs but the dropouts still remained. I'm definitely interested in this for all of the original pencils featured, but the dropout issue still has me on the fence. I guess the only way to fix them would be to rescan from all of the original art all over again (unlikely that all of the pages could be reclaimed or borrowed) or perhaps attempt to fix the mistakes digitally (which would be less desirable).
Back to Top profile | search
 
Petter Myhr Ness
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 4301
Posted: 30 September 2026 at 7:59am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

An ABSOLUTE EDITION of Neal Adam's work on Batman was just released (there will be a part 2 next year). Just for your information. 
Back to Top profile | search
 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login