Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 5
Topic: Question for JB/the group - your favorite company crossover? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message
Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 December 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 4205
Posted: 09 October 2026 at 6:38pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I arrived too late for the 70's models that seem to be the board favorites - to this day, I don't think I've seen a copy of either Superman/Spider-Man or Batman/Hulk, much less read them. My first real crossover would be the X-Men/Teen Titans, which I definitely have more than fond memories of, but as a) I didn't read Titans, and b) it relied a lot on the Dark Phoenix storyline for whatever resonance it had and even THAT had happened about a year before I started reading comics.

So it's not exactly by default that JLA/Avengers is my favorite - both Captain America/Batman and Galactus/Darkseid are great, of course - but Perez's artwork was stunning (pretty much a career best, IMHO) and Busiek's story was a nice bit of seemingly bottomless fan service that still had something to say and nailed the characterizations. A near apotheosis of 80's comics, albeit 15 years later.
Back to Top profile | search | www
 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 5
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login