Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 152 Next >>
Topic: DC Relaunch Discussion Thread (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:25pm | IP Logged | 1  

Facebook "Like" for your point, Michael.

Back to Top profile | search

Steve Richter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:42pm | IP Logged | 2  

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Juan Jose Colin Arciniega
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:49pm | IP Logged | 3  

Ditto on Michael's post!

Chad Carter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:50pm | IP Logged | 4  

Can't wait to see Batman.

Betting odds 4-1, revised Bruce Wayne is an arrogant young guy constantly in conflict with Alfred and other authority figures. Particularly representative authority figures, like Superman, whom he'll "hate on" with consistency once he's Batman.

Bruce will not just pretend to be a playboy, he will be a playboy ala movie Tony Stark. Because womanizing playboys are funny. That'll be because Bruce's parents being murdered makes him disrespect women, just like he used to lash out as a young kid. Bruce wasn't raised by Alfred. He was raised in an orphanage. After his wealthy parents' extremely gory Geoff Johnsesque murder, Bruce is found wandering and lost by tough old black woman who looks after him (DC creator "white guilt") and teaches him the streets.

When Bruce is about the age of Robin, he is rediscovered by Alfred, who tries to invest in him the value of wealth and how much good Bruce can do. Sure, whatever Alf.

It isn't until Bruce is reminded poignantly of Gotham City's murder of his parents that he decides to Batman-out. Maybe black orphanage matriach is murdered by the Joker or some such. If Geoff Johns is anywhere involved, she will probably be skinned alive "on-camera" and in front of Bruce.

Then he'll turn into a ninja, complete with funky Jim Lee collar and scowl. By day, he's funny hot Robert Downey Jr pretty boy. By night, disgruntled thug knight in rubber costume.

That's my guess. 

Juan Jose Colin Arciniega
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:51pm | IP Logged | 5  

Now I was wondering why they released an incomplete image for JLA#1...From the man who gave us "pouches" in X-Men's uniforms, the new age of armors!

Chad Carter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:53pm | IP Logged | 6  

Wow, I'm LOVING Green Lantern's crotch gun.

Maybe Jim Lee could also work on making Cyborg more of a pain in the ass to draw. I don't hate it, but if that's the model for the character, I feel sorry for whoever has to draw that over and over.

Ron Sluyter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:54pm | IP Logged | 7  

I pretty much stopped buying comics about 6 months ago.  The reality that I may never buy a new comic again is setting in.  This looks beyond awful.  Do they have a filter with a shred of common sense or is there one idiot in charge at DC surrounded by yes men ??  I guess its time to stop caring.  

Aaron Smith
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 6:00pm | IP Logged | 8  

Big deal.

If it's the same irresponsible editors running books by the same crappy writers, why would a stunt like this make any difference?

And I am very, very, very, very, very sick of that stupid phrase, "jumping on point."

And two phrases in that USAToday article that set off big loud alarms:

"What's the human aspect behind all these costumes? That's what I want to explore."

"stories that are grounded in each character's specific legend but also reflect today's real world themes and events."

Arghh! I don't want real world themes and events! I don't want politics, I don't want Superman-citizenship controversies, I don't want any of that crap! Someone needs to inform these morons that they're writing SUPERHERO COMICS.  

Kirk Campbell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 6:09pm | IP Logged | 9  

My problem is that I just don't trust DC to do this right.

They want to reboot everything from scratch? Okay, I'll bite. I get why that can seem necessary.

But they were SUPPOSED TO do this with Crisis on Infinite Earths, and only succeeded in making everything more confusing and convoluted than before, all because they refused to restart their most successful titles at the time.

So are they actually going to restart Green Lantern and Batman completely this time? Are they willing to make that sacrifice?

Doesn't sound like it to me. Sounds like they're going to do MAJOR reboots to some characters, but only "minor" alterations to others.

Sounds like they're going to repeat the failures of the past.

What has happened to Geoff Johns? He used to be a guy I could count on...

David Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 6:12pm | IP Logged | 10  

Rebooting Action and Detective is just plain wrong.

Next thing Marvel will reboot Uncanny X-men….. Oh no… I said it.

David Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 6:13pm | IP Logged | 11  

What has happened to Geoff Johns? He used to be a guy I could count on…

I was thinking that when I dropped Green Lantern recently. Enough of the colours Geoff.

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 6:26pm | IP Logged | 12  

I'd like to say that this is going to make me stop reading but unfortunately I already stopped reading this stuff about three years ago. All I can do is try not to enjoy the loud noises of the train wreck too much.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

<< Prev Page of 152 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version