Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 21 Next >>
Topic: John Bryne, what is your political leaning? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message
Mike Mackey
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 March 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 20
Posted: 22 March 2005 at 2:47pm | IP Logged | 1  

 Matt Reed wrote:
If the basic premise, as presented, is that America is being overrun by a liberal agenda such that "Usama Bin Laden" would be "the honorable ambassador from Afghanistan" then I'd have to say a) that's terribly insulting to assume that if Gore won instead of Bush, we'd not only be placating a terrorist who killed thousands, but allow him to be ambassador, and b) I don't know what America you're currently living in, with a two-term Republican president and both the Senate and the House run by a Republican majority...so why all the anger, bile and contempt for those who hold views that differ from your own?

I don’t mean to insult Gore or those that voted for him (although that is an unfortunate result of the series), In my storyline, he is only one of many more liberals follow him. (think more John Kerry here)

Do you really believe that if UBL were to make an appeal to the U.N. promising an end to world terrorism,  That Kofi would not leap at the offer?  (At any costs.)

But I think you make my point.  Yes, the republicans are in power, but had to fight against the overwhelming mainstream liberal media to do it, and still the Republicans won; this proves a strong conservative base in America.  So by now you would think some one would have at least recognized the interest in a book with an extremely conservative message.

 

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail
 
Jacob P Secrest
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 18 October 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 4068
Posted: 22 March 2005 at 2:49pm | IP Logged | 2  

Michael Moore hates politics,

he never wants to hold office,

he is against any movement to get him there.

The rest is bullsh*t and insulting.

I don't have time to mention everything specifically, there's just too much.

I would love being a villian in it, maybe I can be VP, hell if you want I can
send you a picture so you will have an accurate image of me.

I can be the insane vegetarian politician from Ohio who supports
conserving natural resourses and nature in general, also if you'd like you
can make me get gay married, or even get a sex change, just make sure I
have evil eyes.

I'm mildly conservative in certain aspects (mainly the enviroment, and
gov't spending), and the conservative side of me is offended that you
used as an example of conservatism as the Passion.

In fact true conservatism is nearly dead leaving behind the Religious Right
and Reaganomics (both of which are my arch enemies.)

And what is so horrible about the UN? I've never gotten that, at all.

I'm not gonna protest this, I'm not gonna take away your Constitutional
right to freedom of the press, I'm not gonna arrest you if you show up at
a rally I organize, I'm not gonna call you "Un-American" or "Un-Patriotic"
because you disagree with me.

If I did, I would become far to close to the enemy.

Just take a few minutes and think about it.

ps - If you take my advice, I want my name to be Jasmine.

Edited by Jacob P Secrest on 22 March 2005 at 2:53pm
Back to Top profile | search | www
 
Zaki Hasan
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 April 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 8105
Posted: 22 March 2005 at 2:53pm | IP Logged | 3  

Forget it, don't want to get into this.


Edited by Zaki Hasan on 22 March 2005 at 2:53pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 
Rob Hewitt
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 May 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 10182
Posted: 22 March 2005 at 2:54pm | IP Logged | 4  

 Eric Kleefeld wrote:

Why did the Editor in chief of Playgirl get fired right after she announced she was a Republican? 

**********

Maybe she was just a lousy EiC and happened to be mouthing off about politics while her professional situation was going down the toilet.

Its possible. But considering the political state of NYC and California, the entertainment and media industry, I doubt it.

She claims she got dozens of angry letters.

Playgirl also apparently has a large gay following, which i believe to be more likley, probably by far to be liberal democrats.

Having once been reamed at a a job interview for being a Republican, and told by my career office never to put anything to do with Republican leanings when doing a resume, I am suspicious.*

*Especially since how people in the city just assume that you are a democrat, cause your a good guy, and ream into Republicans or Bush or whatever as if you are one of them.  And ifg they find out, the usual look of disgust on their face...

It is kind of off-putting-like when someone just assumes because you're are white, you will be receptive to racists jokes, comments, or comments about "those people." And when you stand up for other races and tell them their comments are wrong, they act like you have to be kidding.

 

Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 
Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Avatar
Robotmod

Joined: 16 April 2004
Posts: 35763
Posted: 22 March 2005 at 2:56pm | IP Logged | 5  

Mike, let's take the the presidency since FDR.  How long have Republican's been in power?  How long have Democrats?  I have little to no sympathy for anyone that cries "We had to fight against the liberal media" (a tag that I also don't buy) and yet have seen their party in power and affecting the kind of change they desire far more than their opposition.  And yet you're now thinking or pursuing writing something to the effect that if there is a long-term succession of presidents who are liberal, that America will all-but-bend-over for a terrorist who killed thousands on our shores, not to mention run a school system that wants to tell you how to think in a world where the path less taken is to the right?  Please.  Spare me the absurd ideology.

BTW, I think it a ridiculous assumption on it's face that the UN and Kofi Anon would welcome anything that Bin Laden had to offer.  You're showing your extreme right wing bias and agenda even tossing out that notion.

Back to Top profile | search
 
Mike Mackey
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 March 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 20
Posted: 22 March 2005 at 2:56pm | IP Logged | 6  

 Rob Hewitt wrote:

 Matt Reed wrote:
so why all the anger, bile and contempt for those who hold views that differ from your own?

Why did the Editor in chief of Playgirl get fired right after she announced she was a Republican? 

I thought he was just joking but I see your point Matt. But I still think it is satire

 

*Maybe she was terrible at her job, who knows I'm not that up on the doings of Playgirl magazine, but it looks bad.

Why she was fired is obvious,  she was a republican that dare speak her belief in the liberal dominated media.   Most republicans in editorial positions must remain “in the closet”

 

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail
 
Rob Hewitt
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 May 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 10182
Posted: 22 March 2005 at 2:57pm | IP Logged | 7  

[QUOTE=Jacob P Secrest]
And what is so horrible about the UN? I've never gotten that, at all.

I'm not gonna protest this, I'm not gonna take away your Constitutional
right to freedom of the press, I'm not gonna arrest you if you show up at
a rally I organize, I'm not gonna call you "Un-American" or "Un-Patriotic"
because you disagree with me.

If I did, I would become far to close to the enemy.

QUOTE]

Your second comment is pretty insulting and just ignorant.

Your first comment?  Well, it's interesting how Kofi Annan feels that the UN needs a major reorganizing, especially its human rights commission with Libya, Cuba the Sudan and other wonderful nations that protect human rights.

The UN in a large way has lost a lot of its purpose.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 
Rob Hewitt
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 May 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 10182
Posted: 22 March 2005 at 2:59pm | IP Logged | 8  

 Mike Mackey wrote:
  Most republicans in editorial positions must remain “in the closet”

Interesting articles in the paper around the election about how many professional New Yorkers face the question of when to "come out" to a date that they a Republican, and how horrified the date usually is.

I would imagine the reverse may be true in other extreme parts of the country, I don't know.



Edited by Rob Hewitt on 22 March 2005 at 3:00pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 
Ed Aycock
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 05 May 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 1004
Posted: 22 March 2005 at 3:02pm | IP Logged | 9  

Rob and Mike ... you guys know nothing about the Playgirl debacle. Nothing.

I am a media hound and I am gay and this EIC decided to up the content with such useful things as less nudity and more recipes.  Yes, recipes like "Mamie Eisenhower's Million Dollar Fudge."  In Playgirl.  Sales plummeted, subscriptions were canceled. Then she comes out and says Republican men are better in bed and Republicans weren't afraid to fight in VietNam while Democrats protested.  Never mind that the VietNam War did not carefully go down party lines (LBJ).  Readers fled. The woman said stupid things but more importantly made a business decisiopn about a magazine that was so bad, it almost caused it to fold.  She's the one whining to the media now, but the circumstances I am sure were not so cut and dried.

I'd get rid of an idiot like that too.

 

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail
 
Jacob P Secrest
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 18 October 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 4068
Posted: 22 March 2005 at 3:07pm | IP Logged | 10  

Mike,

I am trying so hard to be polite to this bullsh*t.

I'm even censoring myself.

But I'm tired of this whining, I'm tired of propaganda.

Eight years of a liberal pres is the longest stread in a long time, and
this is what people said:

"Oh no, the economies great and there is a surplus that should last the
next 10 years, let us quickly elect a President who will come up with
excuses to spend absurd amounts of money on tax cuts and tax refunds
that favor the rich, then go to war, a justified war, then go to a stupid
war, an unjustified war, spend Billions, sending us into a record deficit,
then let us reelect him, because we just didn't have enough the first time
around."

(Most) Democrats are good with money, (most) Republicans are bad with
money (especially our current Prez), plain and simple.

ps - Precanned response to the obvious incoming Jimmy Carter response:
Jimmy Carter is a great man, and yes he did not solve the deficit, a fact
which Ronald Reagan was swift to point out,

Then Ronnie Sr very quickly went and doubled the deficit in four years.

Way to go!
Back to Top profile | search | www
 
Rob Hewitt
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 May 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 10182
Posted: 22 March 2005 at 3:07pm | IP Logged | 11  

 Ed Aycock wrote:

 Then she comes out and says Republican men are better in bed and Republicans weren't afraid to fight in VietNam while Democrats protested.  Never mind that the VietNam War did not carefully go down party lines (LBJ).  Readers fled. The woman said stupid things

She was joking.  Obviously, you didn;t get the joke. Sales may have gone down, but interestingly, only when she outed herself did she get fired.

I said, could be a coincidence. But based on my experience, I find it unlikely.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 
Eric Kleefeld
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 21 December 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 4422
Posted: 22 March 2005 at 3:08pm | IP Logged | 12  

Case closed on the Playgirl thing, my suspicions were right.  Lousy, mouthy EiC, pure and simple.

However, there's one thing still on my mind, one loose end.  You're gay and your name is Ed Aycock?
Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 

<< Prev Page of 21 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login