Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 4 Next >>
Topic: This should be much bigger news... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2022 at 7:45pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

"Unless White women vote in droves to kick out folks that want to control their bodies, and VOTE BLUE, we're all fucked."

If you couldn't get them to vote for Hillary against that putz, you aren't getting them to come out for this either.

************************************************************ *******************

In many ways, Hillary was her own worst enemy. Afraid to campaign "in the lion's den". 

You go to places and make your point. Give them as reason to vote for you as a candidate.
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 04 July 2022 at 8:11pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Hilary was a female Bob Dole. She assumed she was going to win because it was her turn.

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2022 at 8:59pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

She could have been Harley Quinn and anybody could have seen she'd make a better president than the alternative, which is what it is all about, a choice between what's presented to you. 

Why did she have to be perfect (or pleasant even) to beat crazy? Something is wrong with that decision tree.  
< id="protanopia"> < id="deuteranopia"> < id="tritanopia">

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2022 at 9:29pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Goddamn, I hate my state

Jim Burdo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 July 2022 at 2:59am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

QUOTE:
We’re being faced, once again, with a reminder that America is more than New York and California. This is the “legacy” of Barack Obama. Eight years of a Black man in the White House scared a lot of people. Scared them enough to elect a thug to the same office, as long as he was White.

But not scared enough to not elect Obama. Hard to follow the logic there.

It's the "anti-racism" grifters like Ibram X. Kendi who support discrimination. "The cure for past discrimination is future discrimination."

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 July 2022 at 3:20am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

When we had a P.O. Box, we kept getting Hillsdale brochures and newsletters in our box. They weren't random ones sent out to people or for the person who had the box before, because they had my father's name on them.

Rather than trying to do anything about them, we just casually tossed them in the trash.

I am vehemently anti-conservative (I'm a left-leaning moderate), so you can guess how I feel about ultraconservatives!

Also, Brian Miller's previous post says it all for me, as well. If I could afford to move elsewhere, I would in a heartbeat. 

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Jim Burdo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 July 2022 at 4:07am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

UW-Madison sees no improvement in campus climate despite millions invested in DEI.

Rodrigo castellanos
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 July 2022 at 4:54am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

If we have to endlessly condemn him for the manner of the exit from Afghanistan, he deserves equal credit if not more for how he has led NATO.

I don't think this whole Ukraine business is going to end like you think it's gonna end.

Since you mentioned Afghanistan, I think you can extrapolate that other situation and its expected/actual outcome and apply it here. The Afghanistan scenario being, by far, a much easier one on paper.

The Trump administration not rushing to escalate every international armed conflict was probably its only virtue. I think lots of Americans agree on this too, but this is strangely viewed as the "conservative" position these days for some reason.

Trump's rants about the military industrial complex, the "swamp" and the mainstream media have *some* elements of truth in them. If they hadn't, the strategy wouldn't have worked for him. 

Say what you will, but Trump's infamous "lots of killers" answer to Bill O' Reilly's question about Putin was probably the most honest take I've seen on international conflicts by a US President:

Hilary was a female Bob Dole. She assumed she was going to win because it was her turn.

Well she did win the popular vote to be fair, but I agree. 

Why did she have to be perfect (or pleasant even) to beat crazy? Something is wrong with that decision tree.  

When logic fails, go to the much maligned "beer test" popularized in the Bush-Gore election.

And if you think the majority of Americans would rather have a beer with Hillary over Trump, then you don't know your countrymen very well.

Heck, even I would pick the Donald in that scenario. At least the chance of something fun happening would exist.

Although amusingly enough Trump doesn't drink alcohol and neither did George W. at the time. But you know what I mean.

But not scared enough to not elect Obama. Hard to follow the logic there.

True, but Obama was exceptionally charismatic and articulate. You don't find another candidate like that just around the corner.

Trump is more charismatic than Hillary and also Biden, but by then America had had enough of the crazy for a while.

Next election, I wouldn't be so sure.

Edited by Rodrigo castellanos on 05 July 2022 at 5:23am

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 05 July 2022 at 2:07pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

+++

Well she did win the popular vote to be fair, but I agree.

••

You might as well say she won best pantsuit. Winning the popular vote is meaningless as long as the Electoral College is in place.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 July 2022 at 6:04pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

And a Republican couldn't get elected President without the Electoral College. Which is a good reason to get rid of it.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 05 July 2022 at 6:33pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Jimmy Carter has advocated each president having a single term of six years. That way, so the thinking goes, we get a full time president, not one who spends half (or more) of his first term campaigning for re-election.

I used to think this was a great idea. Then came Trumplestiltskin. I am horrified at the thought of what he would have done with his time in office, knowing there was no chance of a second term.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 July 2022 at 7:06pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

QUOTE:
You might as well say she won best pantsuit. Winning the popular vote is meaningless as long as the Electoral College is in place.

Hillary Clinton lost by way of an outdated, undemocratic system that doesn't reflect the will of voters in the aggregate, correct.

That the caprices of the Electoral College thwarted the popular vote is undeniable. That she garnered nearly three million votes more than Trump, though, seems hugely relevant to Ron Bailey's point of whether they could get people to come out and vote for Hillary. Whether she thought it was her turn or not, it's a fact that she was able to get a lot of people out to vote for her. 

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version