Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 30 Next >>
Topic: Trump Loses Support… (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 April 2023 at 4:18pm | IP Logged | 1  

Sure, he'll surrender on Tuesday, I can see that happening... it was supposed to happen Friday originally, meanwhile extra days to 'rally'. :^(
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 April 2023 at 10:27pm | IP Logged | 2  

Sooooo.... it happened... he was charged today with 34 Felony Counts of Falsifying Business Records and Conspiracy.  LINK

Honestly, I want to get to where he's no longer in the news.

THAT will make America great again.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 05 April 2023 at 12:01am | IP Logged | 3  

…34 felony counts…

•••

One more and he would have earned a free sandwich.

Back to Top profile | search

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 April 2023 at 12:39am | IP Logged | 4  

McRibs for everyone!

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 April 2023 at 1:22pm | IP Logged | 5  

Surely his comments about the judge, the judge's daughter and the DA are going to cause him issues as well.

Once again, he's either a cold calculating bastard who wants to see harm come to others or he's so far gone he's shouting his mouth off at anyone that will listen.

I'm not sure how the NYC stuff will play out, but the more he focuses on this the less he's got to concentrate on the really big ones Georgia and Jack Smith.

Honestly, I can't see him going to jail, and barring him from office seems a stretch it may be a case this drags on that the majority of people will just tire if this directionless, spiteful bastard and his ilk.

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 April 2023 at 3:26pm | IP Logged | 6  

This is actually starting to become interesting to watch, because clearly he hasn't learned a single lesson so far, which somewhat worked for him in the political arena and congressional shenanigans - but now we are finally talking about actual criminal law. Posting the judge's daughter (and whatever else his fool mouth is going to say over the next few weeks) can be considered obstruction of justice, and there are no GOPers that can protect him from that this time.

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 April 2023 at 3:52pm | IP Logged | 7  

It was going to be obvious he wouldn't keep his mouth shut over anything. His lawyers are facing a nightmare (but they chose to go with a guy that probably will fire them or not pay them for the next ambulance chaser that runs along).

He really is going to dig a hole for himself if he keeps this up. As Vinny, said obstruction is now a possibility.

His lawyers are there to keep him out of trouble and jail and I can't see given his personality how this is possible.

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 April 2023 at 4:18pm | IP Logged | 8  

I suppose it's possible that he could be found Not Guilty of these charges, yet still be found Guilty of Obstruction of Justice (and let's face it, probably perjury) on the same case.

Edited by Vinny Valenti on 05 April 2023 at 4:18pm

Paul Kimball
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 April 2023 at 5:00pm | IP Logged | 9  

maybe I'm a cynic but I don't see him doing 1 single day of jail ever.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 05 April 2023 at 6:40pm | IP Logged | 10  

It’s not likely, to be sure. If nothing else, he can stall until he dies!

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 April 2023 at 7:07pm | IP Logged | 11  

As it turns out, the indictment is weak sauce.  When the media was reporting that leaks indicated there were 33 charges of tax fraud, I was in favor of giving Bragg the benefit of the doubt, and expecting to see a lot more than charges arising from the misclassification of hush money payments to Stormy Daniels and Susan Mcdougal.  

But it turns out that's all there is.  Apparently the money Trump paid to these women was broken up into several installments, and all of the charges are related to the installment payments.  

Its clear that Trump misclassified these payments, but that is a misdemeanor that is past the statute of limitations.  

In order to elevate the charges to felonies and extend the statute of limitations Bragg must prove the misclassifications were deliberate, and were made in the furtherance of another crime.  

Bragg has said the other crime involves NY election laws, but he has yet to articulate specifically what election laws were broken.  That should be part of the indictment.  Even the most liberal pleading standards require the state to give a defendant notice of the crimes he is accused of committing.  Otherwise, the accused doesn't have a fair opportunity to defend himself.

Its still possible that Trump is guilty of a prosecutable offense, but Bragg is off to a terrible start here.  

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 April 2023 at 7:19pm | IP Logged | 12  

"This is actually starting to become interesting to watch, because clearly he hasn't learned a single lesson so far..."

You're right, but that is because he's never held accountable, so he believes he can always beat the system.  And it looks like he will beat it again in NY.  

How are his comments about Bragg and his daughter obstruction in your opinion?

<< Prev Page of 30 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version