Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 30 Next >>
Topic: Trump Loses Support… (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2023 at 10:49pm | IP Logged | 1  

The violence this guy is demanding right now... is inexcusable.

He called for "death and destruction" if he were arrested by DA Bragg, threatened him and called him an "animal" and "sociopath."

INSANITY that he's allowed to get away with this... and he's about to hold a RALLY this weekend!!

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2023 at 11:23pm | IP Logged | 2  

In Waco, no less, 20 years later.
Back to Top profile | search

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2023 at 11:29pm | IP Logged | 3  

A whacko in Waco!

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 March 2023 at 3:37am | IP Logged | 4  

Is Waco a dog whistle? I know Ruby Ridge was a right wing cause celebre, but is Waco? Has it come to this?
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 March 2023 at 1:35pm | IP Logged | 5  

"Whenever I hear Christians whine about the “war” on their religion, I say “Congratulations, you won!”"

--

Louis CK had a joke about that, asking in response "What year is it?"

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 March 2023 at 8:35pm | IP Logged | 6  

To answer my question, yes, apparently Trump is dog-whistling with Waco:

Trump holding his next rally in Waco, Texas, sends a message to the far right, experts say

QUOTE:
"Waco is hugely symbolic on the far right," said Heidi Beirich, co-founder of the Global Project Against Hate and Extremism. "There's not really another place in the U.S. that you could pick that would tap into these deep veins of anti-government hatred – Christian nationalist skepticism of the government – and I find it hard to believe that Trump doesn't know that Waco represents all of these things."

QUOTE:
Several experts on extremism told USA TODAY the choice of Waco, of all the cities in America, clearly looks like a signal to far right and anti-government extremists.

The choice is especially noteworthy given the event arrives just after Trump's claim that criminal charges against him are forthcoming.

When Trump's first claims emerged over the weekend, it seemed possible he could be arrested, charged in New York and then released pending a trial, meaning he would. arrive in Waco with new fuel for his ongoing claims that he's a reformer being targeted by a host of "deep state" enemies.

"Waco has a sense of grievance among people that I know he's (Trump's) got to be trying to tap into," Beirich said. "He's being unjustly accused, like the Branch Davidians were unjustly accused – and the deep state is out to get them all."

Megan Squire, deputy director for data analytics at the Southern Poverty Law Center, scoffed at the idea that Trump would be holding a rally in Waco for anything other than the city's symbolic resonance among the far right.

"Give me a break! There's no reason to go to Waco, Texas, other than one thing – in April," Squire said. "I can't even fathom what that's about other than just a complete dog whistle – actually forget dog whistle, that is just a train whistle to the folks who still remember that event and are still mad about it."
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 26 March 2023 at 6:28am | IP Logged | 7  

David Miller wrote:
Dog whistle = Trump. Not surprising.

What’s most surprising are the number of people who fall for it,  

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2023 at 1:38pm | IP Logged | 8  

Exactly. We can rage all we want on this clown, but it's the PEOPLE that support him that really angers me.

Are we getting to the point where total chaos is the only path this country can head down?

Frustrations seem to be hitting a high mark.

-C!

Edited by Charles Valderrama on 27 March 2023 at 1:38pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 27 March 2023 at 1:49pm | IP Logged | 9  

Frustration is the key word. Trumf’s followers feel trapped in a country they no longer control. He presents himself as a Man of the People (cuz who wouldn’t want a gold toilet?) and promises to Make America WASP Again.

And he does it in a way that allows his non-WASP followers to cherry pick just the parts they want.

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2023 at 2:26pm | IP Logged | 10  

He's already one by virtue of the fact that the conversation has moved beyond the fact that he's largely responsible, while President, for law-enforcement officers having been attacked (and other offenses) at the U..S. Capitol on the day of certifying the results of an election. 
They didn't just do it n his name without his involvement, he LED them. Outloud. In person. We all watched him do it in real time. 
What we're seeing now is kind of like the Will Smith thing ... why are we letting him make an acceptance speech and attend parties afterwards???

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2023 at 2:41pm | IP Logged | 11  

[Deleted because I was being snarky about a grammar mistake and it added nothing to the discussion. Must be less snarky. Must be less snarky.]

Edited by Peter Martin on 27 March 2023 at 2:42pm

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2023 at 3:18pm | IP Logged | 12  

... "won" ...

No snark required, Grammarly copy and paste error not checked before sending ;)

<< Prev Page of 30 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version