Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 27 Next >>
Topic: FBI Raids Mar-a-Lago Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 September 2022 at 5:42pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

The January 6th attack was predicated on steering the masses excited by the speeches with a select number of far right enforcement arms; Proud Boys, etc This is why the extremist groups were marching to the Capital before the speeches even started. These days I doubt people forming at a rally will be receptive to marching on a government building which leaves the extremist groups with the job of civil unrest if Trump as held accountable. Personally, I think in light of what happened during Jan 6, law enforcement will be much less likely to treat extremists with kid gloves or be unprepared. While there will be nut jobs like Ricky Shiffer, they are going to be treated the same way Shiffer was treated.
Back to Top profile | search

Mark Waldman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 September 2022 at 9:34pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

It seems this dumb, narcissistic, orange painted celebrity con man will never face justice. He realistically should have been arrested years before he was in office, once in he happily padded the system with fools who would be useful later. 

I'm more interested to see how history will look back on him and his cult. I'll probably be gone before that is figured out, but would be curious to see if it's looked at as the embarrassment it is. "Why didn't they do anything?" was always the comment about Hitler. Well, why didn't we do anything? Like corporate America, a gummed up system off too many well fed and disinterested (and dysfunctional) dummies to blame. 

Shame on the "poorly educated" and cowardly.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 September 2022 at 9:58pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

You forgot that he's also egomaniacal and entitled.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 September 2022 at 10:09pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Raymond Dearie, Special Master, has put forth his first case management order. This is not going Trump’s way at all. It is especially nice that Judge Dearie was suggested by the lawyers representing Trump.

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 September 2022 at 10:25pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Section I outlines all the documents seized not under the Stay Order and forces the Plaintiff to identify any errors regarding what and where they were seized. This is to negate any claims the FBI planted evidence. Section II outlines how the Plaintiff should identify ownership and privilege for each and every document presumably to prevent ambiguous claims of privilege. Section IV identifies an assistant to the Special Master, James Orenstein, billable to the Plaintiff at $500 an hour with provisions in place that if he is not paid within 7 days of invoicing that the Plaintiff can be held in contempt.

It’s a short read.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 September 2022 at 10:41pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

If there's another attempt at a Jan 6, I hope the big difference with the second one is law enforcement meeting them with a more...forceful response if the insurrectionists (and lets face it, they're terrorist wanna-bes, NOT patriots) get past a certain point or engage in violence. I'm talking tear gas, nightsticks and rubber bullets, not necessarily lethal force. Though nothing of value would be lost.....

And I wouldn't put it past some other GOP leader down the road to pardon the scum, like Trump has already said he might do if he's elected again. 

Edited by Brian Floyd on 22 September 2022 at 10:46pm

Conrad Teves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 September 2022 at 1:35am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Brian>>If there's another attempt at a Jan 6, I hope the big difference with the second one is law enforcement meeting them with a more...forceful response<<

The cops were given a lot of free military equipment...
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 September 2022 at 11:41pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Conrad, I mean that they should be given carte blanche to take any of the trouble makers down. But not necessarily using lethal force unless necessary. 

Though if some moron shows up armed with an AR-15 (or worse) and threatens to use it, I wouldn't exactly be upset if they ended up in critical condition.

Edited by Brian Floyd on 23 September 2022 at 11:44pm

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2022 at 8:55pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

"As much as I wish this was true, I suspect the greater fear of a repeat of Jan 6--on a larger scale--will protect him."

I think if he's counting on that, he's misreading the room.

But I don't think he'll need it.  My prediction:
  • There will be no evidence that Trump sold state secrets, distributed them to third parties (especially our adversaries), or had any intention to do either;
  • Huge legal fight over what was classified, what wasn't classified, and what procedure must be followed for a president to declassify documents;
  • This will drag on long enough to prevent Trump from running in 2024; and
  • When it is over, there will be little or no consequences for Trump.  He will either be convicted of nothing, or it will be something that can be spun as a minor offense (that he will say he committed accidentally,or that it really wasn't a crime, and "nobody else would ever have been charged for this; especially Crooked Hilary") that results in no prison time.
So Trump will walk, and his sycophants in Washington will further undermine the credibility of the DOJ and FBI by pointing out how this was all politically motivated.

Edited by John Wickett on 24 September 2022 at 8:58pm

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 September 2022 at 3:27pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Not sure a huge legal battle will follow to determine document classification procedure and what was or was not classified from the documents taken by the FBI from Mar-a-Lago. So far, while a few people are willing to say everything was declassified in the media, nobody seems willing to take the next step and make those assertions in court. Also, the Special Master case schedule has outlined a process by which both parties will identify the ownership of all documents. I predict this process will have a baring on what claims could be made in future courts by Trump. He is between a rock and a hard place with the Special Master.

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 September 2022 at 3:45pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

And don’t forget that Judge Cannon amended her order to exclude the classified documents, so there is very little basis for appeal regarding those documents to a higher court. I just don’t see Trump initiating a lawsuit about declassification when he won’t even submit a statement in court for a current lawsuit about classification status of the documents. 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 September 2022 at 8:57pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

What I wish they could do is find a way to charge Trump and some of his cronies with Treason.

<< Prev Page of 27 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version