Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 3
Topic: Absolute Man Of Steel in 2026... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message
Veli Loponen
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 April 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 86
Posted: 30 September 2026 at 4:15pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I've been pondering should I buy this. I have the Man of Steel in two
versions already, that is Man of Steel tpb and Finnish magazines. But I think
the amount of bonus material is the key factor here.
Last year Man of Steel came as a tpb in Finnish but I didn't buy it because I
already have Finnish magazines. But it's published twice in Finnish (in 1987
and 2025), which means Byrne is yet a quite big in here as well. We also got
a collection of JB's Fantastic Four stories (I think it's same as FF Visionaries
#2) and the Dark Phoenix Saga. Mostly these have also been published in
Finnish already (there was one or two stories in FF tpb that were firsts), but
apparently nostalgia sells and Byrne is the best.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail
 
Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 28 July 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 32272
Posted: 30 September 2026 at 4:35pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Yeah, the bonus material is what sold me. I’ve got the MOS hardbacks of
JB’s run and a year or two ago found a first print TPB that looked new right
out of the box that I bought for a song. So I didn’t really NEED this one.
But…
Back to Top profile | search
 
John Byrne
Avatar
Grumpy Old Guy

Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 137172
Posted: 30 September 2026 at 5:42pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I’ll admit I sometimes roll my eyes at people who buy multiple editions of the same work—then I remind myself how many copies I have of THE LORD OF THE RINGS!
Back to Top profile | search
 
Dave B Stewart
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 May 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 446
Posted: 30 September 2026 at 6:40pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Your eyes would roll all the way around if you knew how many editions of your FF I have.  I even made a custom vol 0 of the John Byrne Visionaries FF before Marvel went back and made theirs...
Back to Top profile | search
 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login