Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 45 Next >>
Topic: John Byrne - Threat or Menace? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2006 at 8:02am | IP Logged | 1  

Ha! Hadn't heard that one before.

That's pretty much what I'm saying though. Know where "you" stand first but accept that in the end it's pretty much a moot point as her decision is final. In the scenario of getting a woman pregnant, be sure to excersise that opinion, WHEN ASKED.

Sitting on the fence will only give you splinters that will irratate for decades to come.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Joe Franklin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2006 at 12:20pm | IP Logged | 2  

JB: "All men, regardless of their personal orientation sexually, should be Pro-Choice. It is, after all, none of our business what a woman does with her body.

That's almost exactly what I've told anyone who asks me about my opinion on abortions. 

And to stay on topic, I've never read a JB comic book and thought that he was a racist.  I've run into my fair share of racists in Missouri over the last three decades, so I have an informed idea of what racism is.  Plus, I've read literally dozens (if not hundreds) of JB comics over the same time span, so I feel equally informed there, too.

I tend to steer clear of boards where folks don't (or won't) use their real names.  Yeah, that's fairly limiting, but when I did look at them, I found myself feeling like I'd wasted my time. 

Joe

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 01 July 2006 at 12:52pm | IP Logged | 3  

Glenn Brown wrote:
People get blasted here for offering differing opinions/viewpoints all of the time. 

As they do in daily conversation.  I can't tell you the number of times I've been blasted, or blasted someone, in a heated conversation about politics and religion sitting at my favorite pub, enjoying a beer.  Why it should be any different here is beyond me.  I think it goes to a "herd mentality" that some associate with this board.  Sure, we're all gathered here because we like the work of one man, but I hardly think that means that there is an overriding "herd mentality" where every subject is concerned.  I know I've disagreed with JB on a number of occasions regarding Hollywood, and guess what?  He and I e-mail each other on a regular basis and I'm a mod on his board.  Like I've said in numerous threads, it's not that you disagree with someone here, it's how you choose to disagree with them that matters. 

Back to Top profile | search

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 01 July 2006 at 12:56pm | IP Logged | 4  

John Byrne wrote:
Everyone is entitled to an INFORMED opinion.

Can I have an AMEN? 

Can we make the understanding of the above statement a requirement of anyone that posts on the net?

Nah.  Didn't think so.  Sad, really, how many debates I've been in where the person I'm debating with has nary a leg to stand on with regard to fact, and, as a last gasp, will toss out the "I'm entitled to my opinion.  No opinion is wrong" card. Sorry, but opinions can be wrong.  They're wrong all the time.  Just because you hold one, especially an uninformed one, doesn't mean that you are automatically excluded from seeking out the truth.

Jonathan Graver
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2006 at 1:03pm | IP Logged | 5  

And this is one of the reasons why I prefer this forum.

Edited by Jonathan Graver on 01 July 2006 at 1:04pm

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 01 July 2006 at 1:12pm | IP Logged | 6  

I tend to steer clear of boards where folks don't (or won't) use their real names.

Any opinion -- even an informed opinion -- expressed from behind the shelter of a screen name is rendered automatically invalid, as far as I'm concerned. Courage of one's convictions is one of the few things that make people worth the powder to blow 'em up.

And, after all, no one would be getting up in arms if I was posting as FuzyBuny and not letting anybody know who I really was.

InterNet cowards are among the lowest of the species. Grow some f***ing BALLS, you losers!

Darren De Vouge
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2006 at 1:19pm | IP Logged | 7  

The only regret I have about using my real name in this board is the number of entries from it, that pop up whenever I Google my own name.  It's scary.

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2006 at 2:06pm | IP Logged | 8  

"It's scary."

I feel sorry for the guys really named Rod Odom. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Robert White
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2006 at 2:15pm | IP Logged | 9  

When I look at the title of the thread, I picture a JB cover featuring himself at some convention in a classic "Doctor Doomish" pose, arms in the air, fist's clinched, with fanboys running for their lives in the background.

Jonathan Graver
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2006 at 2:32pm | IP Logged | 10  

A la FF #258!  

Edited by Jonathan Graver on 01 July 2006 at 2:35pm

Jason Fulton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2006 at 2:55pm | IP Logged | 11  

This Interweb is Mine?

Mike O'Brien
Byrne Robotics Member
Official JB Historian

Posted: 01 July 2006 at 3:17pm | IP Logged | 12  

It's all yours, Tiger, we're going home!

<< Prev Page of 45 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version