Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 23 Next >>
Topic: GOP gonna GOP (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:30am | IP Logged | 1  

QUOTE:
Proclaim the left is going too far to distract from your upcoming sexual assault allegations.

QUOTE:
How is this a riposte to a suggestion that free speech is in danger?

It's not? It's a dig at Elon Musk, who has been prepping this rhetoric when he knew allegations about him were going to break.

QUOTE:
I think it is a valid observation that both side of the spectrum seem to have little truck these days in engaging with the opposite side. Few seem interested in a marketplace of ideas.

I actually disagree with this. I think critics on the right have dumped some very disparate phenomena and movements into a single box and labeled it "cancel culture" as a means to invalidate all of it.
Back to Top profile | search

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:34am | IP Logged | 2  

So, to clarify, the left is  interested in the opposite side's ideas, if only everything wasn't the opposite side's fault?

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:44am | IP Logged | 3  

So, to clarify, the left is  interested in the opposite side's ideas, if only everything wasn't the opposite side's fault?

-------

No. What I am saying is that the Right seems to want to invalidate experiences outside of a traditional straight white cis hetero Christian male worldview, and the left wants to center narratives outside of a traditional straight white cis hetero Christian male worldview, and people are trying to say these two things are equal.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2022 at 1:27am | IP Logged | 4  

There's a false equivalency where if the 'left' isn't totally above criticism, it is 'as bad as' or 'they are both to blame'. I almost feel bad to have criticisms of the left/Democratic party of the U.S., but of course I have some, even during the other viable party going totally into lawless nutbar hate speech and intimidation land.

Did anyone else see the Tennessee pastor in a church on Sunday MSNBC ran telling parishioners who are democrats or just voting democrat to leave 'his' church calling them deviants and baby killers? I saw that and even after all the b.s. of the last twenty plus years (since Dick Cheney explained the U.S. sometimes had to go to the 'dark' side) it blew my mind! 'OMG' moment for sure, only I wish there were a God to come down like the big Monty Python foot on dudes like that. I remember people when Biden won saying they didn't think there was anything to worry about, but honestly, I am as worried about the future of the U.S. as at anytime in my life right now. You think it can't get worse? I am thinking before long it actually can't get better. Tick-tick-tick. :^(
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2022 at 6:26pm | IP Logged | 5  

Mitch McConnell calling on Democrats to pass Supreme Court security bill after man arrested outside Justice Brett Kavanaugh's home .

“House Democrats must pass this bill - and they need to do it TODAY. No more fiddling around with this, they need to pass it today …before the sun sets.”

Mitch is worried about protecting his SCOTUS legacy...while the rest of us are praying our legacies survive elementary school.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 June 2022 at 12:24am | IP Logged | 6  

That kind of bill would likely put the cost of security for Supreme Court justices on taxpayers.

If they want to make unpopular decisions that play to their own ideology rather than the general public or majority, then they should have to deal with the consequences and pay for their own damn security.

And based off Rebecca's comments, I've found that those who post `Pray For America' signs are generally the reason to pray for America. Being a Right-Winger and invoking God automatically makes you a hypocrite. Because their agenda is based on fear, hatred and forcing religion - specifically a twisted version of Christianity - down everyone's throat.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 09 June 2022 at 6:32am | IP Logged | 7  

The lives of nine Supreme Court justices, after one instance of a man who didn't get within a football field length of one of them, is worth immediate action while the lives of thousands killed each year in mass shootings across America isn't worth more than a collective shrug from Republicans.  

Disgusting. 

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 June 2022 at 3:39pm | IP Logged | 8  

SIDE NOTE: No one has been more cruel to AMERICANS than McConnell. He is the MOST responsible for the downfall of our democracy throughout his time in the Senate.

Hearing Pres. Biden normalize him on mainstream TV makes my blood boil.

-C!

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 June 2022 at 10:29pm | IP Logged | 9  

US Senate candidate Eric Greitens says he is going “RINO hunting.”

Who had Republicans vs Republicans Civil War before midterms on their bingo card?

-C!

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 June 2022 at 10:51pm | IP Logged | 10  

Until they quit proving to be above the law with this stuff they will keep taking a mile with it. Something more should've happened when a Republican had put a gun sight graphic over Gabrielle Giffords in Arizona before she was shot (and others near her shot and killed)!

'Shoot them like animals', 'gut them like swine'... it's all sick whoever the target of this kind of b.s. may be. The sick minded need treatment, not 'likes' or to be 'friended' online.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 June 2022 at 11:08pm | IP Logged | 11  

An oft-touted reason from the pro-gun mob for needing guns is to protect against tyrannical leaders and yet here we have clear violent threats against political opponents. This is a hallmark of authoritarianism. What next? Threatening journalists who aren't on message?

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 June 2022 at 12:14am | IP Logged | 12  

Surely that has to be illegal, right?

<< Prev Page of 23 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version