Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 9 Next >>
Topic: The Final Nail in the Coffin (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 November 2006 at 10:17pm | IP Logged | 1  

The repercussions of which will be felt in a solo issue of Wolverine in New Avengers.

Thank you for submitting your proposal. We here at Mighty Marvel are always looking for new talent. Unfortunately, your suggestion that a 75 issue multi-title crossover could be done as a single-parter demonstrates you have no future in comics.

Back to Top profile | search

Dave Powell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 November 2006 at 10:18pm | IP Logged | 2  

Hahah..touche!

John Benson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 November 2006 at 11:14pm | IP Logged | 3  

John Byrne wrote:
That unmasked Doom image above also forgets that we have seen Doom without his mask many times, and there is nothing "cyborg" about it.

Jason's spoiler answers this but I'm not going to spill it. While I like the characterization behind the "one scratch" version (that his ego is so out of porportion with reality that he cannot accept even the smallest flaw), I agree that it should be as much an unknown and uncertain appearance and that the bust was a retarded idea.

The sad thing is this is likely to become the "official" Marvel version.

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Roger Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 November 2006 at 11:28pm | IP Logged | 4  

Well, in Books Of Doom #6 page 20 this was published

Yuck! That's really awful. Fortunately, I never read that book, so as far as I'm concerned, it never happened. Problem solved.

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 November 2006 at 11:36pm | IP Logged | 5  

Doom's face should never be seen by the reader.  (Claw's face should never be seen by viewers either.)

"Or the old
Choose Your Own Adventure books.  Remember those?"

Fondly.

Edited by Wallace Sellars on 20 November 2006 at 7:42pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 2:09am | IP Logged | 6  

Another suggestion for what should be behind Doom's mask is to show a silly kitty face just going "Meow!".

I think that Wolverine needs to become the next person that the elders of the universe want to see mated with a Cotati. Or he could become a herald of Galactus. Think of all the action figures!

Then we could have Kang find out that he is really Henry Pym and have him go mad in an Atlantean amusement park where he battles with the Corrupter, Maelstrom, and the U-Foes. 

Then someone could just turn the lights off and lock the door.

Edited by Emery Calame on 20 November 2006 at 2:15am
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

George Peter Gatsis
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 2:51am | IP Logged | 7  

THE UNMASKED DOOM COMICBOOK PAGE "BOOKS OF DOOM" in the page before is a DOOMBOT.

That is not the real doom... It's even expressed in the story. I flipped and read the page at a comicshop... never bought the book thou.

Edited by George Peter Gatsis on 20 November 2006 at 2:51am

Greg Kirkpatrick
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 9:19am | IP Logged | 8  

As Emery had guessed...Is this the true visage of Doom as Mr Golden drew for us..sorry, best image I could find

Ray Dyas
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 10:26am | IP Logged | 9  

I don't get the wanting to see Doom's face mentality. For the very brief time when I was younger  that I thought it may have been a good idea, that quickly ended when I saw Return of the Jedi & Darth Vader's unmasked face didn't compare with what I had pictured in my head. Whatever someone puts on paper as being Doom's face will never equal what the readers have envisioned in their minds. For me,those that want to see the face obviously lack any imagination & can't picture a face under the mask.

Roger A Ott II
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 7:27pm | IP Logged | 10  

Thanks, George Peter Gatsis!  Jason Fulton went out of his way to hide that particular revelation as spoiler text, while you just barge in an let it all hang out.  I missed the first couple issues of the book, so I was going to wait and get the trade so I could read the whole story.  Good job!

Back to Top profile | search | www

Chad Carter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 7:35pm | IP Logged | 11  

I thought in the old Dr. Doom origin by Lee/Kirby that Doom's face was not so mutilated by the lab explosion, but when he had the Tibetan monks forge his armor, he was so desperate to conceal his face that he had the mask attached "red hot". Essentially, it was a sado-masochistic act in a time before the word really even existed in the general populace.

Chad Carter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 7:37pm | IP Logged | 12  

How many nails does Marvel get for that coffin? All the Kirby/Ditko/Steranko/Adams/Buscemas/Colans in the world don't make up for what the arsehole hairs running that show have done to the characters and the company.

<< Prev Page of 9 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version