Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 48 Next >>
Topic: Stories that should NEVER be told.. (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2007 at 4:28pm | IP Logged | 1  

Jack Monroe was a joke of a character as well--wasn't he created because some anal retentive writer decided the Captain America/Bucky stories of the 1950s just HAD to be explained, instead of say, I don't know, just IGNORING them?
Back to Top profile | search

Rafael Guerra
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2007 at 4:32pm | IP Logged | 2  

QUOTE:
As far as spending money goes, I have already.

Then how you do to read so many comics as to make such generalizations as you regularly do? Download them? read them at the store? borrow them from friends?

I mean, if you don't read them and get statements such as "No babies in this toxic stew we call the modern comic, friend." from other people's complains, or things you read in message boards, they wouldn't be actual informed opinions. Just stupid ignorant rants.

Martin Redmond
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2007 at 4:35pm | IP Logged | 3  

Origin stories should be left to the readers' imagination. They kill the magic unless you are telling a finite story. I think continuous monthlies should keep some mysteries that never get solved about some characters just like a never ending courtship. Make the reader's minds work a little. It's more intriguing that way.

Martin Redmond
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2007 at 4:37pm | IP Logged | 4  

Second, I also think that characters should be granted some sort of privacy. You shouldn't be privy to each and every dirty detail about them.

Rafael Guerra
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2007 at 4:40pm | IP Logged | 5  

Returning to a point for the first page of this thread, apparently, Jeph Loeb is going to give, or add, to Wolverine's origin. Possibly making him immortal, or at least very long lived.

At this point, I'd accept anything other than the monumental bore that Origin was.

Martin Redmond
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2007 at 4:41pm | IP Logged | 6  

I disagree with Jean's resurection. When Morrison killed her off, I hear he planned to make resurection into one of her secondary powers. You can call me whatever you want, but after reading XFactor Ess #1 I think that would've worked and been cool. Granted I'm one of the only 2 people on earth who dislikes the Dark Phoenix Saga. :]

Marvel decided to keep all the dumb stuff from Grant's run like Emma Frost and Xorn but they nixed the idea of bringing back Jean everytime she died since she is way too freaking cool for the Marvel Universe.

Martin Redmond
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2007 at 4:43pm | IP Logged | 7  

Wolverine's origin is that he is an old mutant with a healing factor coupled with an adamantium skeleton and claws given to him by scientists. Why anyone would need to know more than that is beyond me.

Martin Redmond
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2007 at 4:49pm | IP Logged | 8  

I agree that Watchmen isn't a super hero story. It's using super heroes to tell a story about disillusionment. While it's well writen, it works because it's a finite story. Anyone that wants to make it into a recuring monthly, I think I'll pass. Thanks but no thanks,

Edited by Martin Redmond on 03 February 2007 at 4:49pm

Aaron Smith
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2007 at 5:17pm | IP Logged | 9  

I really hope I'm wrong about the prediction I'm about to make, but if I'm right, we might be about to see a "story that should never be told" told.

This past week's Comic Shop News says that a major character's death will occur in the end of this Civil War series.

That picture of that costume that looked like a mix of Iron Man and captain America was floating around the internet a few weeks ago.

Pictures of both supposed post- Civil War Avengers line ups have been seen, both with one very obvious missing piece.

I think, and hope I'm wrong, that "Bucky" is inside that "Iron-Cap" outfit...and they're about to kill off Steve Rogers!   

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Zaki Hasan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2007 at 5:24pm | IP Logged | 10  

I have a feeling you're wrong.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Aaron Smith
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2007 at 5:25pm | IP Logged | 11  

I hope you're right Zaki. In this case I really WANT to be wrong.

Rey Madrinan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2007 at 5:41pm | IP Logged | 12  

If you are right..hell, another nail on the coffin as far as I'm concerned.

<< Prev Page of 48 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version