Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 23 Next >>
Topic: The Wolverine Family (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:14am | IP Logged | 1  

Wow.  This thread makes me so sad
Back to Top profile | search

David Kingsley Kingsley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:14am | IP Logged | 2  

If the claws were housed above their wrist but below their elbow, wouldn't it be possible?
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Paulo Pereira
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:16am | IP Logged | 3  

The claws go fully into the hand after they're unsheathed.  The wrists have to be straight both when unsheathed and retracted.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:17am | IP Logged | 4  

David Kingsley-Kingsley wrote:
Jeph Loeb wrote a much reviled story in which it says that there is a clan of sub-human dog people who always have a dark champion (Wolverine) and a blonde champion (Sabretooth) who are destined to fight. Why the dog champion avatar of blondeness would be a cat, though, I have no idea. Romulus, I thought, was implied to be a millennia-old patriarch of that tribe.

Forget everything else in this thread...this is hands down the stupidist thing I've read so far!  Holy crap that's terrible on all fronts.  Not a single thing good about it.

Brad Brickley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:19am | IP Logged | 5  

Wolverine should've stayed, and in my mind still is, like the Joker, no one knows what really happened in the past. It doesn't matter and it makes the character cooler.  This James Howlett guy is an impostor I'm sure.

WTF is up with these comic companies all giving our beloved Super-Heroes kids???  Wasn't it bad enough they're trying to marry them all off and then age the shit out of them, now they all have some kid that just so happens to have the same powers they do?? 

There are times I wish I was Bill Gates.  I'd buy Marvel and then heads would roll baby!  I might even have this Daken do it before I sent him to the comic graveyard!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:19am | IP Logged | 6  

David Kingsley-Kingsley wrote:
Wolverine's brother from Origin, Dog...

Like the bounty hunter?  Ugh.

QUOTE:
...has not yet appeared and the mini-series alluded to a third brother who was hinted at more strongly in the original ending (which was supposed to be picked up by Jenkins in a sequel). This third brother appeared in Wolverine: The End, but that title is not canon.

Illegitimate children.  Long lost brothers.  Dead lovers.  This is some of the worst soap opera writing I've ever heard.  Who in their right mind is actually reading this crap?

Joe Hollon
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:24am | IP Logged | 7  

That's the same thing I keep asking myself, Matt.  I don't know anyone who actually reads this crap MARVEL is putting out.  They're still by far the top publisher in the business though, right?  Obviously lots of people out there are eating it up.  I can't stand it.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Brad Brickley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:28am | IP Logged | 8  

Amazing Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy is the only Marvel I've been picking up.  Hard to believe.  Kind of sad.  

Paulo Pereira
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:33am | IP Logged | 9  

Matt Reed wrote:
Forget everything else in this thread...this is hands down the stupidist thing I've read so far!  Holy crap that's terrible on all fronts.  Not a single thing good about it.

It's almost as if Marvel held a contest as to how outrageous and outlandish they could make Wolverine.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:36am | IP Logged | 10  

It's the same drivel that JMS wrote in Amazing Spider-Man.  Instead of a kid accidentally being bitten by a radioactive spider, Peter Parker was destined to be bitten by that spider and join a long line of Spider-Men. Absolute crap.

Brad Brickley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:44am | IP Logged | 11  

It's like the took the DC concepts of the "Batman Family" or "Superman Family" and made it so much worse and perverted.  At least Batman was still Batman.  Now Wolverine has a Wolverine Jr. and Spider-Man has a bunch of other Spider-Men.  Are the comic companies so bankrupt of ideas they have to eat their own now?  Can't come up with anything unique anymore? 

Back issues.  We always have back issues.  Keep saying it. Back issues.

Joe Hollon
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:52am | IP Logged | 12  

A quick check of the comicbook sales charts from June 2009:

There is only one non-Marvel/DC book in the top 65 and that's Buffy the Vampire Slayer at #37.  Marvel has 42 of those top 65 including eight of the top 12.

Has Marvel ever dominated the comics market this much? 
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

<< Prev Page of 23 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version