Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 4
Topic: Facebook (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 7:12am | IP Logged | 1  

John, if it is a fan page, maybe you could ask for ownership of the page, if the creator is a fan he will be more than happy to do that. If you don't want ownership, or just want to state clearly that you are not involved in the page, ask the person to do that.
I tend to see the fan page as a compliment, but I was never exposed to the public in the same way you did, so, I cannot say if that reasoning is fair.
Back to Top profile | search

Arc Carlton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 3:47pm | IP Logged | 2  

Oh my stars and garters, the things I miss for not having a Facebook account...
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Robert LaGuardia
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2009 at 3:43pm | IP Logged | 3  

I have a question that 's not totally unrelated. I'm trying to get work as an illustrator, I use Facebook and Myspace as online portfolios for the most part, can I post pictures I've done of characters I don't own? Like JB does I would put a copyright notice on there.

Ernest Degollado
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 August 2009 at 1:22am | IP Logged | 4  

One of the problems of Facebook is that it doesn't have any method to allow users to create a Fan Page that can be searchable without registering the Subject of the Page as the creator i.e. It doesn't allow me to create a George Clooney Fan Page and register my name as well.  Whatever name is used to register the page is used as the reference for searches.  What good is that?  If I want people to find my Fan Page of George Clooney I don't want my name plastered all over it.  This forces (perhaps too strong a word) users to register as the person in question so the page will be referenced as such thus popping up when a search is conducted for their favorite star.  I tried last week to create an fan page for an event I'm hosting and couldn't for the life of me create it in a way people could search for my event (such as "COOL EVENT") and find my event instead of having to search for me instead (much less cooler than my event).  

That's also taking into account that I was trying to follow the rules of creating a page and not intentionally creating one with  false information.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 4
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version