Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 3
Topic: Q for JB: printing and art (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 4:33am | IP Logged | 1  

While reading this thread, I also stumbled upon an article on Newsarama where David Finch explains why people will have to wait until June for issue # 3 (!!) of his monthly Batman series to come out. A title that launched last December:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/david-finch-dark-knight-dela ys-110534.html

Where's Archie Goodwin when you need him?

Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 4:42am | IP Logged | 2  

In many ways this reminds me of something I have said about airline schedules. The airlines seem determined to schedule their flights as if they are running trains, so whenever I get a ticket it seems to say my flight will be departing at something like 1:59PM.

There would be, I think, far fewer complaints about late flights if they would instead say something like "ETD: 2:00/2:30PM".

Comic publishers, having relinquished all claim to being professionals, should also relinquish the habit of predicting when their projects will be published.

Greg Woronchak
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 7:23am | IP Logged | 3  

I kind of miss the old days before Previews and the net, where I'd wander up to a spin rack (or into a comic shop) and simply pick up an issue, without having been told about it (or reading about behind the scenes drama) in advance <g>.

If a new title or mini-series debuted that seemed interesting, I'd either catch it on release or try to track down a back-issue somehow. I was oblivious to creative team deadlines, especially since most books featured teams that stuck around for more than 3 issues!

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 8:07am | IP Logged | 4  

Again I go back to all those kids who walked into their local drugstore or newsstand on day to find the original SUPERMAN vs THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN on the rack, without a clue it was coming!!

Michael Todd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 8:37am | IP Logged | 5  

I remember seeing ads for SUPERMAN VS. THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN in the comic books before it hit the stands. I actually sent off for it, but mail service being what it is I saw it on sale at Eckard Drugs before my copy came in the mail.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version