Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Commissioned Artwork
Byrne Robotics > Commissioned Artwork << Prev Page of 9
Topic: Face Facts - 01.15.12 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 January 2012 at 11:46am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

A really fantastic piece!  I'm amazed that so many characters were fit into the one page and they don't look cramped.

Like most have said, seeing this page feels like you've opened to a page in the middle of the issue and it makes you want to read the comic from the beginning.

Maybe I'm getting older, but I wish superhero comics still had this "feel" of a team of good and bad guys fighting to stop some type of evil scheme or world destruction.

Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 28 January 2012 at 11:57am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Maybe I'm getting older, but I wish superhero comics still had this "feel" of a team of good and bad guys fighting to stop some type of evil scheme or world destruction.

••

Unfortunately, comics are in the rather grim state they are today because too many fans, and fans-turned-pro, as they have "gotten older", have insisted that the stories also "get older" -- in the sense of addressing issues that would not have interested them when, as kids, they started reading comics.

Perfectly fine to have some comics do that, in fact. Comics are like movies and TV shows. They don't have to be all about the same subjects, targeted at the same audience. So while there are comics for kids, there should also be comics for adults. Sadly, too many of those "adults" want the comics they enjoyed as kids to BECOME the comics they can enjoy as adults.

Christopher Giles
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 January 2012 at 1:03pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I completely agree about as fans and pros got older that they also wanted theri comics to get older.

I guess for me, what I fell in love with as a kid and teenager is what I still really want to read now - grand action, super heroics, fantastic locations, and so on.

If I want political commentary, I can turn on the news.  If I want cursing, I'll go to work and listen to the people around me.

My wife and I are getting ready to have our first child (and boy) and i told her the other day that if the comic industry continues like it is, there arent' going to be any superhero books I can give him to read when he's eight or ten.

Anyway, I dont' want to derail the converstation about this fantastic piece of art.  A great teamup of villianous characters!

Fritz Short
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 February 2012 at 4:35am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

MODOK is on the cover of the Increadible Hulk # 3.14...

Benny Hasa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 February 2012 at 8:49pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

MODOK is on the cover of the Increadible Hulk # 3.14...

A great cover and I believe the only comic where JB drew MODOK in the interiors.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 9
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version