Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 10 Next >>
Topic: Marvel Universe by John Byrne Omnibus (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 April 2016 at 4:46pm | IP Logged | 1  

The Marvel Universe by John Byrne Omnibus is now available for purchase on www.instocktrades.com at 50% off, or $62.50.

Pricing has now moved to 45% off, so $68.75.

It got replaced on Tuesday when new deals got listed but currently all Marvel books are 45% off so it's still a little cheaper than the default discount of 42% off. The 45% off for Marvel books has been running for several weeks now. I'm not sure how much longer it will last, but probably until at least Tuesday of next week, since Tuesday seems to be when all deals and sales get changed.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Leigh DJ Hunt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 4:14am | IP Logged | 2  

Anyone got there's from Amazon UK? My order still says they don't have a delivery date!?!

EDIT: And I note the entry on there has completely the wrong text to go with it! Seems to think it's a Civil War book.
Amazon UK

Edited by Leigh DJ Hunt on 15 April 2016 at 4:17am
Back to Top profile | search

Pedro Bouça
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 7:08am | IP Logged | 3  

Ordered from Amazon UK and haven't received news of it either.

Richard White
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 10:52am | IP Logged | 4  

I've been in contact with Amazon.co.uk about my order and it seems we have to now wait for a U.K. release. Book Depository have it on their site but tell me they can't sell it  through the Amazon sellers as normal as they have sourced it from their U.S. distributor. 

Amazon used to have the books as soon as they were available from the U.S.

Interestingly The Silver Surfer Epic Collection (with The JB issue) which was available on Amazon.co.uk, now has an end of the year release date and isn't even available through Amazon sellers, even though it has been for months.

So, something is up. 
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

George Lee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 April 2016 at 11:13pm | IP Logged | 5  

Thanks for posting the instocktrade @ 50% off for the JB Omnibus, Brandon. Mine arrived earlier this week. I have all the original comics, but couldn't resist at that price. 

I wish they would've included the Ghost Rider/DD issues, Amazing Spider-Man 189, 190, 206, Spectacular Spider-Man 58 and JB's first run on FF with Joe Sinnott inking in place of Avengers 181-191 though.

Marc Cheek
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 5:39am | IP Logged | 6  

The FF issues were included in volume 1 of
the FF Omnibus, but it does seem odd that
the other issues weren't included.

Leigh DJ Hunt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 6:38am | IP Logged | 7  

Amazon UK now giving me a date of July 6-8th. 

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 8:25am | IP Logged | 8  

The FF issues were included in volume 1 of the FF Omnibus, but it does seem odd that the other issues weren't included.

••

My "This is What We Had Film For" sense is tingling.

George Lee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 8:49am | IP Logged | 9  

The FF issues were included in volume 1 of 
the FF Omnibus, but it does seem odd that 
the other issues weren't included.
______

True, but many of the issues in the JB Marvel Universe omnibus were collected in other forms already. The Hulk issues in Hulk Visionaries, Champions in The Champions Classic, Avengers in Nights of Wundergore, etc. Ideally this omnibus would've collected JB's shorter runs or single issue work, even if those issues have been collected in other books. I think he did a single issue of Iron Man (118?) that would've been nice to include. I would've like to see all his pages from the Handbook too. There's also a Storm/Black Panther story that first appeared in Marvel Team-Up 100?

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 6:23pm | IP Logged | 10  

Mine arrived today!

Brandon Carter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 7:25pm | IP Logged | 11  

Thanks for posting the instocktrade @ 50% off for the JB Omnibus, Brandon. Mine arrived earlier this week. I have all the original comics, but couldn't resist at that price.

I wish they would've included the Ghost Rider/DD issues, Amazing Spider-Man 189, 190, 206, Spectacular Spider-Man 58 and JB's first run on FF with Joe Sinnott inking in place of Avengers 181-191 though.

Yer welcome! As has already been mentioned, the FF stuff was in the first JB FF Omnibus. And the Marvel Team-Up 100 story was in Uncanny X-Men Omnibus 2 (which, while not Byrne specific, did, along with the first volume, contain JB's entire original X-Men run). I think a JB Spider-Man volume could be forthcoming, which could feature the issues you mentioned along with JB's later Spider-Man stuff. The inclusion of the Avengers issues is curious, though. There is a JB Avengers Omnibus coming in several months that reprints JB's later Avengers/West Coast Avengers work. These Avengers issues may have fit better there. My guess, though, is that the Avengers volume wasn't planned when this Marvel Universe one was. By the time it was planned, the contents of this Marvel Universe one had likely already been released. It is a shame that some issues got missed, for whatever reason. Maybe those could be collected at some point in the future, even if there's only enough for a regular trade paperback collection.

Brandon Carter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 April 2016 at 7:35pm | IP Logged | 12  

It's worth mentioning that in addition to the 49(!) comics contained in the Marvel Universe by John Byrne Omnibus, there is also some bonus material. There are some articles and artwork from F.O.O.M, Marvel Age, and Marvel Spotlight. There are also pinups, material from prior collected editions, and scans of some JB original art.

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version