Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 17 Next >>
Topic: Charlottesville Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 August 2017 at 7:16pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

He's a bully so long as nobody is standing up to him. When someone does, he backs down... because he's both weak and a coward.

If things turn against him and he thinks it's over, he'll quit. It's in his nature.

•••••

If that's the case.... I REALLY wish this scenario would play out QUICKER!!

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 August 2017 at 7:24pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Then maybe the answer is plenty of (non-violent) protests and pressure. Maybe the thin-skinned, immoral fool will take the hint eventually.

After all, a guy who will tweet angrily about SNL skits has thinner skin than most...
Back to Top profile | search

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 August 2017 at 7:45pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Would everyone else be okay if someone high up floated the balloon of a complete and total pardon for Trump and all his relatives if he were to resign?  It seems like we all agree that things get worse the more threatened Trump feels, and I don't really want to see how much worse things can actually get.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 August 2017 at 7:52pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Dave, I'd eat manure for a week if it meant seeing him leave the White House. So, yes to that! 

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 August 2017 at 9:05pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Dave K: Why put conditions on Trump's abandoning the presidency? The way things are going now - crazier than a lot of people suspected who thought things would go crazy - Trump can get out of the presidency just fine. He doesn't need any outside influence to resign... sooner rather than later, one hopes.

Andrew B. - you're thinking of Alzheimer's now? I was half convinced of it during the campaign. He is the oldest president ever elected, and he's seemed irrational for a LOOONG time. The only reason I suspect it's not Alzheimer's is that there aren't any intermittent moments of clarity. (Well, or if there are, I sure as shootin' haven't noticed 'em!)

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 23 August 2017 at 10:06pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Rump is now threatening to shut down the government to get his border wall paid for.

LINK

So making Mexico pay for it was another lie?

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 August 2017 at 10:46pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

And yet he'll still put a spin on that, probably stating that he'll get Mexico to pay for it indirectly (or some other crap).

The mental gymnastics that that man is capable of have no limits! 

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2017 at 12:59am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Guys, he's not quitting. He'll use his far-right God and gun loving psychos to war his way into a dictatorship before that'll ever happen. 

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2017 at 3:38pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Robbie, I prefer to think of myself as an indecent American. Trouble is, NOBODY is looking in the cloud for those pictures! ;)

I agree with you, and I think that a large quantity of voters see what's happened with their vote for Trump, and will realize the mistake they've made. There ARE a lot of good people in our country (well, everywhere, really) who want to do right. They just get a little muddled in their thinking occasionally.

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2017 at 4:52pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Guys, he's not quitting.

No, but I bet someone else is President (Pence, Ryan) by 2020. A thin-skinned, corrupt fool cannot last forever in such a role. 

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2017 at 6:58pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

This scares me:

But at the same time, it doesn't scare me!

I know Byrne Robotics is not representative of the entire US population. But there are many members here, quite a few who are decent Americans. And I have American friends on Facebook, people I've chatted to via their websites, etc.

I have faith in the majority. I know the minority who are violent or bigoted have the loudest voices, but I have enough faith in the average, decent American to trust that you would overcome the violence predicted in that video.

I have faith in the majority of your police - and I have faith in the majority of Americans. I'm not saying violence wouldn't happen, but the average, decent American, and they are represented here, well I believe your integrity is bigger and more powerful than violence perpetrated by others.

Edited by Robbie Parry on 24 August 2017 at 7:00pm

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2017 at 7:24pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I'm not so sure, Brian. Trump has always quit before running the risk of being seen as a loser. He doesn't have the guts to take that chance--his entire ego depends on being thought of as a winner. If things turn around on him, he might go the vicious cornered rat route... but history suggests he'll just walk away.

<< Prev Page of 17 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version