Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 17 Next >>
Topic: Charlottesville Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2017 at 7:34pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Let's hope Mueller’s investigation saves us!!

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2017 at 12:24am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Robbie, Roger Stone (and, for that matter, TMZ) are also not representative of the entire US population. TMZ is for people who think Trump's tweets are too intellectual.
Back to Top profile | search

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2017 at 8:08am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Brian O'Neill wrote:
Roger Stone (and, for that matter, TMZ) are also not representative of the entire US population.

True.  But they are pretty representative of the percentage of the population that are still HARDCORE Trump lovers.  And there's a depressingly large overlap between that group and the well-armed and motivated Ruby Ridge types (witness the recent issues with the Bundy clan and their supporters in Nevada and Oregon).  I don't think it's outrageous or alarmist to think that there's a not vanishingly small possibility that this won't be over until there's some genuine, organized combat in the west and south.  Nothing on the order of the Civil War, but bad enough.  Trump could probably stop it, but the scary thing is that I suspect he wants it to happen as some sort of testament to him (what egomaniac wouldn't want a war named after him?). 
Back to Top profile | search | www

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2017 at 6:08pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

And the hits just keep comin'......

John M. Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2017 at 7:06pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

The left's identity politics and support of violent groups like Antifa, BAMN, and BLM was a major contributor to Trump's election.

If they think doubling down on it and protesting things like freedom of speech and excusing cop killing is going to play well in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, I can almost guarantee Trump will be re-elected.

And, no, Trump isn't going to be impeached because the voters will remove any Republican that votes for it.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 25 August 2017 at 7:10pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

If I gave Rump actual credit for more intelligence than he clearly has, I would guess he was deliberately orchestrating this cascade of madness so that he would be kicked out of office and claim he went down fighting.

John M. Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2017 at 7:18pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I am sort of enjoying the madness.  I love seeing the establishments of both the left and right in a tizzy.

Here is another example of why Trump will get re-elected. My Trump-hating mother thought I was making this proposed law up.

Edited by John M. Jackson on 25 August 2017 at 7:20pm

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2017 at 10:14pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

It criminalizes bullying and abuse by health care workers on transgender elders. "Willfully and repeatedly" ignoring a patient's preferred usage is
not dissent, it's bullying.

John M. Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 August 2017 at 10:46pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I believe you have the right to live whatever fantasy you want but I don't believe you have the right to force it down someone else's throat and that is what this law does.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 August 2017 at 12:04am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

A health care professional can hold any opinion he or she wishes to, but they should be expected to be professional and not bully their patients. 

What I find ridiculous is that the Right will happily jump on the idea of brain differences between men and women in order to justify stereotypical gender roles or pay gaps, but the idea that there could be a mismatch between a gendered brain and one's genitals due to exposure to androgens in the fetal environment is somehow considered a "fantasy". You can't have it both ways.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 26 August 2017 at 12:18am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Michael Roberts wrote:
What I find ridiculous is that the Right will happily jump on the idea of brain differences between men and women in order to justify stereotypical gender roles or pay gaps, but the idea that there could be a mismatch between a gendered brain and one's genitals due to exposure to androgens in the fetal environment is somehow considered a "fantasy". You can't have it both ways.

Couldn't have said it better.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 26 August 2017 at 12:41am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

John M. Jackson wrote:
I believe you have the right to live whatever fantasy you want but I don't believe you have the right to force it down someone else's throat and that is what this law does.

So asking that someone be called what gender they feel they really are is akin to "forcing it down someone else's throat"?  Seriously?  Does it really make that much of a difference to you what someone else feels comfortable being called?  If I asked that you called me "Matthew" would you say "Don't care. I'm gonna call you Matty"? If I insisted, would you say that I'm "forcing it down your throat"? That, instead, I should just accept it?   

And really, why should what you want to call me have equal consideration or, worse, supersede my own wishes?  Why should it have any consideration at all?  THAT'S forcing your perception of me ON me.  But that's what you're arguing, right?  That you can call me whatever you want because otherwise I'm "forcing" you to do the humane thing in accepting that I know more about myself than you do.

<< Prev Page of 17 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version