Galactus!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Ronald Joseph
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 December 2017 at 9:51am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I want the Avengers, Guardians of the 
Galaxy, X-Men and The Fantstic Four vs. 
Galactus!

Complete with a scene showing Spider-Man and Daredevil hanging back on a ledge! 
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Brian Hague
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 December 2017 at 10:32pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

... Whereas Captain America and the Wasp are in the thick of the fight. Y'know, I don't think much of the Earth's chances if it all comes down to the two of them either, but at least they're doing something. Think small-time, you'll be small-time.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 December 2017 at 7:29am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I’m wondering how mutants are going to be introduced/ explained in the MCU since the Inhumans have been set up to be the mutants of the MCU. 
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 December 2017 at 7:44am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

... Whereas Captain America and the Wasp are in the thick of the fight. Y'know, I don't think much of the Earth's chances if it all comes down to the two of them either, but at least they're doing something. Think small-time, you'll be small-time.

•••

Tell me, if you were at a football game watching two highly trained teams going at it full force, would you rush out onto the field to help them?

The heroes involved in the fight with Galactus -- including Captain America and the Wasp -- had prior experience with cosmic menaces, as well as fighting in groups. Spider-Man and Daredevil did not.

It's all about context.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 December 2017 at 9:23am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Superbly explained, Mr. Byrne. It was not Captain America and the Wasp in the thick of that fight... it was THE AVENGERS.

In addition... Captain America because Captain America. There's a reason he leads the Avengers instead of Thor... power isn't everything.

And I wouldn't have been half surprised if Cap had been aware that Spider-Man and Daredevil were present, and would have called on them if necessary.

Brian Hague
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 December 2017 at 4:39pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I'm willing to go with that on the basis that stories that do not set well within a character's general tone should be ignored, but Spidey had fought alongside the Avengers and the Thing against Thanos and Daredevil had gone up against the Grandmaster with the Defenders to name but two examples. Spidey would later go on to beat down Firelord in a head-to-head match, so his contribution would not be inconsiderable in a match against a weakened Galactus.

What was done was within your rights as the author of the tale, but I was left then as I am now asking the characters, "Seriously, guys?"

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 December 2017 at 10:49am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

So, Disney now owns Fox Animation and Blue Sky Studios. Are three feature animation studios too many or will Disney hang on to Blue Sky in addition to Disney Animation and Pixar? I read that Fox Animation was in a state of expansion, and recently signed a deal with the U.K.’s Locksmith Animation to create a second pipeline for animated films, in addition to Blue Sky.

Wonder that happens these upcoming films?

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 December 2017 at 12:35pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

QUOTE:
Spidey had fought alongside the Avengers and the Thing against Thanos
I'm SO looking forward to Spider-Man freeing the Avengers by smashing through a machine with the weight of his body. 

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 December 2017 at 6:53pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

"Are three feature animation studios too many or will Disney hang on to Blue Sky in addition to Disney Animation and Pixar?"

If it's true that Disney bought Fox for the Fox catalog, then Disney will likely shut down / merge some Fox divisions. 

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 20 June 2018 at 11:39am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Disney just outbid Comcast in the competition for control of FOX Entertainment (Fox Film & TV studios as well as cable networks such as FX, international assets including Star India and an additional 30% stake in Hulu).  They offered a combo of cash and stock equaling $71.3 billion topping Comcast's all-cash bid worth $65 billion.  

I'd be shocked if this doesn't seal the deal.  

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 June 2018 at 2:18pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I'm guessing Comcast's second offer was the best they could do, and this will end the competition over who's buying Fox's assets.

It's still early to speculate on what they'll do with the X-Men or Fantastic Four, but... it's more likely today that that will be happening.

<< Prev Page of 7 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version