The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 4 Next >>
Topic: Pets and Wildlife Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 May 2018 at 12:40am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

That picture is so cute!
I notice that in the pet pictures, most of the dogs seem
to be smiling, but the cats have looks of disdain!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Phil Geiger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 May 2018 at 4:50pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

My best friends, canine division. Bandit and Junie (she's the white one).

Back to Top profile | search

Steve Coates
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:10am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Some more of Sophie, She is getting comfortable around the yard.

Steve Coates
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:22am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

When ever Sophie is away from the deck the cats come up to investigate. Here is Black Bolt and Maximus.

Black Bolt is a loner and is rarely close to the house and bolts for cover whenever humans are about. Maximus is a little weird, it hisses at everyone when we come near. Maximus has an malevolent stare. I'll try to get pictures of Simba, Zukie and Fraidy Cat sometime soon.

Ronald Joseph
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2018 at 9:10am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

RAGS (left) was a Utah desert-dweller before he joined the family. He likes being outside and has become somewhat of a local celebrity; all the kids walking to and from school know him and some even pose for selfies with him.
PEANUT BUTTER (right) is moody, spoiled, and emotionally needy. 'nuff said.   

ROCKET was a rescue and, just like her namesake, launches from her bed towards the front door whenever another dog walks by. 

HENRY and LIZA (named after that old "there's a hole in the bucket" skit from Sesame Street) are two wild ducks that landed on our lawn while we sat on the porch swing one day. We fed them and they have come back every year for the past three years!   
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2018 at 9:41am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Steve and Ronald, beautiful pics!

Gregory Harshman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2018 at 7:00am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Sulu  - my best bud who is always waiting at the door for me when I get home.

Gracie - since she is a hairless breed (her back and rear are completely bald), Gracie needs to wear PJ's all the time to protect her from the cold and\ or sunburn. Sweet girl who would rather play with cat toys instead of dog toys.

Petri - my current foster. Always up for some playtime. He and Sulu are not the best of friends, but  have gotten to the point where they can coexist pretty much in peace.

Edited by Gregory Harshman on 01 June 2018 at 7:00am
Back to Top profile | search

Steve Coates
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 June 2018 at 11:20am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Moved Sophie's dog house and enclosure and thought I'd share a picture. It is completely insulated and the roof tilts for access and makes cleaning much easier. I used some leftover metal cladding so it matches our other structures.

The enclosure is some pea fence from the garden and we hope she learns not to run off before she out grows it.

As we were moving the house and fence, I heard a hawk call and we got to see some aerial acrobatics of a black bird chancing off a hawk. The black bird would climb above the hawk and then swoop across the hawk's path, just in front of its face. Sometimes the hawk anticipated the black bird's dive and turn over, talons extended, but the black bird was too agile for the hawk.

Steve Coates
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 June 2018 at 11:12am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Bailey (running) is not happy, my wife and kids went riding and he wasn't chosen. Notice Amigo could not care less.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 June 2018 at 12:08pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I'm in love with Sophie now. :^)

We have had various little 'spotty muldoon' fawns around this spring-early summer. Sadly one did not nurse for some reason. Not one I took a photo of by the way. I stick to non-interference. Apparantly some bloody fools have taken fawns and called animal control thinking them abandoned, that's unbelievable how there are people who still do this kind of thing, or feed them. They are not helping at all but hurting overall. Haven't they at least watched a nature show? I sure hope nobody around me does that, I might get violent! I'm the same with people who leave a dog in their car half the day even when it's not hot out.

Sorry, to get negative. I am happy though as I saw a black squirrel this morning shaking it's tail. We've been able to keep them from our roof with some minimal tree branch trimming, and hopefully any access point that could get them into the tiny attic.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Steve Coates
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 June 2018 at 8:01am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

We got a surprise this morning. On the return from Sophie's morning walk, some of the cats were in the yard and I was bewildered by the addition of a orange cat.

Firecracker has returned after two months away! We had come to accept her continued absence as a sign of her demise.

Steve Coates
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 August 2018 at 3:03pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

When wilderness walking, you must always be alert for possible trouble as you can see in the photograph.

Or perhaps not, please allow me to show a detail.

I saw the prone moose's ears and backed away quietly. It turned it's head just as I took the photo and then got up just as Sophie returned to myside. Sophie neither saw nor smelled the moose, which was probably lucky for us.

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version