Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 4
Topic: JB accused of being misogynous? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 June 2018 at 2:50pm | IP Logged | 1  

First of all I would like to apologize for my outburst yesterday, attacking the author in this manner was uncalled for even though I think she is wrong. I have used google a bit and found Mr. Byrne often times under attack from SJWs, so i guess this is nothing new for him but i still cannot grasp the mental gymnastics done by the author of this particular piece, oh well, some people are never satisfied
Back to Top profile | search

Mike Norris
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 June 2018 at 5:22pm | IP Logged | 2  

Anyone who has even a cursory knowledge of JB's work shouldn't accuse him of misogyny. His work with the development of female characters is outstanding. A dare say better than some of people he's worked with or for.

And in his own subtle way he's been a warrior for social justice more than any keyboard commando. 

Edited by Mike Norris on 24 June 2018 at 7:39am
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 June 2018 at 12:31am | IP Logged | 3  

That is such a weird article/web page. Loads of it is unformatted & it seems to literally be that single page.

That they pixelate things like the poisoning scene is weird as well.

& she clearly has not read CREW or some of her ‘justification’ points would evaporate in a puff of logic. I stress that this in no way says I think any of her other points are valid, just that I can’t believe she mentions Numbe 1 & doesn’t realise JB did a whole series about her or that she has a prominent role in SCHISM.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 24 June 2018 at 8:02am | IP Logged | 4  

I can’t believe she mentions Numbe 1 & doesn’t realise JB did a whole series about her or that she has a prominent role in SCHISM.

••

Don't cloud the issue with facts!!

Lena Köppke
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 June 2018 at 10:14am | IP Logged | 5  

i was a reader here but I had to make account because honestly, Damian.
i found this topic because it was postet in some big feminist facebook group and started reading here.
I readed all the comments here and some of them are quite horrible but I think Damian is the worst since he startet the topic and then got very sexist.
i have showed the artikle to my feminist friends and they agree it. i would like to know how at first it was like you where very openminded to the topic and then you became so harsh towards the one who make the article. this is really shit. it feels like you just want to suck byrne or something. 
i think lady arenn is some kind of poinsenous cumdumpster and nothing more. how can you not see this I am really mad. #grlpwr 
also how can you say that woman with short hair are not feminine!!

Edited by Lena Köppke on 24 June 2018 at 10:15am

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 24 June 2018 at 10:50am | IP Logged | 6  

And we're done.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 4
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version