Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2005 at 10:41am | IP Logged | 1  

Jason, you are in an ornery mood today!
Back to Top profile | search

Jason Fulton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2005 at 10:43am | IP Logged | 2  

I've been sick for a few days, and I am extremely hopped up on goofballs at the moment. I've never had allergies in my life until two weeks ago.

Todd Hembrough
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2005 at 10:44am | IP Logged | 3  

I have two questions for you (Jason),  what are you on and who are you getting it from!!!

(one of my favorite lines, delivered by Clu Gullager in Nightmare on Elm Street 2)

David Uzumeri
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2005 at 10:48am | IP Logged | 4  

Can someone please, please, PLEASE explain what's wrong with the following sentences?

"John Byrne was born on July 6, 1950, near West Bromwich, England. His first exposure to the American superheroes that would dominate his professional life was at the age of six when he first watched The Adventures of Superman on the BBC."

It is because it implies that JB's professional life has been "dominated" by American superheroes?

Jason Fulton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2005 at 10:48am | IP Logged | 5  

Just Advil Cold & Sinus. I rarely take medication, so I think my bodie's having a hard time adjusting.

I bought it from the cleanest looking hobo on my corner, he has a spectacularly toothy grin. After verifying his credentials on Wikipedia, I sealed the deal.

Todd Hembrough
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2005 at 10:50am | IP Logged | 6  

Is there something wrong with that sentence?

John W Leys
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2005 at 10:52am | IP Logged | 7  

Mmmm Goofballs...

David Uzumeri
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2005 at 10:53am | IP Logged | 8  

Todd - JB himself deleted it from the article. I don't see why.

Todd Hembrough
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2005 at 10:54am | IP Logged | 9  

Oh. Thanks.

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2005 at 10:54am | IP Logged | 10  

David, that sentence reads fine to me. It seems to be one of the only things in the entry that does read correct in some fashion. I would agree from what I know that in his professional life, JB's life has been dominated by American super-heroes.

Now, if you think of that in a leather and whips, submissive sort of way... That's another matter entirely that I have no authority to speak on.

Back to Top profile | search | www

David Uzumeri
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2005 at 10:58am | IP Logged | 11  

How about this?

"In 1970,  Byrne enrolled at the Alberta College of Art and Design in Calgary, but he left shortly before graduation to pursue a career in the comic book industry. At college he produced his first full-length comic story, ''The Death's Head Knight,'' as a promotional portfolio of his comic book art. That book was seen by a fellow Canadian comics fan, who put Byrne in contact with both the then-burgeoning fanzine community, and Marvel Comics."

Maybe I'm just being an idiot, but I don't see what's wrong with this.

Jason Fulton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2005 at 11:02am | IP Logged | 12  

Fun with disinformation, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:John_Byrne

I've edited the Legend imprint info to remove references to Byrne creating it with Miller. I've read an interview with Mignola[1] where he mentions he brought Byrne into it, so I think it's disputable he created the imprint.

That change is certainly correct; Byrne wasn't one of the initial movers behind Legend. Legend didn't even exist when Byrne began Next Men -- assuming the cover stats at Byrne's site are accurate, the logo didn't even appear until JBNM 19. So I've fixed the paragraph up a little, since it implies all Byrne's DH work was published as Legend. N. Caligon 16:29, 15 Jun 2005 (UTC)

Or...

II remember from the time that Byrne left FF because the powers that be wanted The Thing back in the book in time for the 25th anniversary, #296(?), and Byrne refused and left the book halfway through a storyline. But I can't cite source, it's just my memory. Anyone else recall this? Steve block 06:43, 16 Jun 2005 (UTC)

Or...

I can back up Legend was Byrne's proposal. If you accept my memory as source. I'll try and cite a better one at some point. Steve block 17:13, 18 Jun 2005 (UTC)

Or....

No, plain facial features as opposed to detailed features. You can compare this. I'm going to reference Understanding Comics and try to revise this, but there are ways of measuring this stuff, it's not all "in the eye of the beholder". --JRT 14:26, 23 Jun 2005 (UTC)

It's like a parade of retards, and when I say that, I realize that I'm insulting retarded people everywhere by making the comparison. And it's all right there, for anyone that wants to 'know' about JB. You seriously don't see problems with that on a supposed 'factual' source?

<< Prev Page of 45 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version