Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 16 Next >>
Topic: Bruce/Caitlyn (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2015 at 9:31pm | IP Logged | 1  

If a man I knew and loved came to me and confided that he has always Identified as a woman, and asked me to begin referring to he as she, I would do so without hesitation.  I don't see why I should respond differently to a stranger.
Whether we think of B/C Jenner as a man or a woman is as meaningless to me as whether we think of him/her as Bruce or Caitlyn.  If she says her name is Caitlyn, why would I call her differently?  If she says she's a woman, who am I to say differently?
This is nothing to me, but I suspect everything to her.
Back to Top profile | search

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2015 at 9:42pm | IP Logged | 2  

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder;' Sex Change ‘Biologically Impossible’

By Michael W. Chapman | June 2, 2015 | 1:34 PM EDT

(CNSNews.com) 
--  Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

-----

This same doctor also filed an amicus brief for Prop 8 stating that homosexuality is a choice.

John M. Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2015 at 9:48pm | IP Logged | 3  

Michael, of course it is a choice.  That said, there is nothing wrong with the choice.

I mean, the Spartans had homosexual sex all the time.  Were they all born that way?

Is gay sex really that bad that you have to be born that way to like it?

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2015 at 10:17pm | IP Logged | 4  

Anthony, I don't think homosexuality is a mental disorder, but I do believe most everyone is a little crazy.

You might want to check this web site out since you are dealing with a child with similar problems.
~~~~~~~~~
It's very arrogant of you John Jackson to assume that WE think of it as a problem. 

I don't expect everyone in the world to be open minded. But I do get disappointed when I come across someone who isn't. 

Oh John, in case you missed my point in my previous post. Homosexuality was once considered a mental illness, It isn't anymore. 

John M. Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2015 at 10:24pm | IP Logged | 5  

And you are very arrogant to assume that I thought you thought it was a problem. 

I just thought you should be informed that some people had regrets after going through the surgery.

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2015 at 10:36pm | IP Logged | 6  

And you are very arrogant to assume that I thought you thought it was a problem.  

I just thought you should be informed that some people had regrets after going through the surgery.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Again there goes that arrogance. You are assuming there is an ignorance about the situation.

Edited by Anthony J Lombardi on 07 June 2015 at 10:37pm

John M. Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2015 at 10:48pm | IP Logged | 7  

Anthony, obviously you want the best for your child.

I just believe when children grow up that puberty is a traumatic experience and that causes gender confusion. 

They are afraid of growing hair where they have never had it before or growing breasts in the case of girls. 

I think both sexes can be masculine or feminine.  I just don't think feminine boys are necessary a girl trapped in a boy's body or vice versa.

Anyway, I only wish the best for you.

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2015 at 11:04pm | IP Logged | 8  

Anthony, obviously you want the best for your child. 

I just believe when children grow up that puberty is a traumatic experience and that causes gender confusion.  

They are afraid of growing hair where they have never had it before or growing breasts in the case of girls.  

I think both sexes can be masculine or feminine.  I just don't think feminine boys are necessary a girl trapped in a boy's body or vice versa.

Anyway, I only wish the best for you.
~~~~~~~~
John I don't know what era you are living in but it has been a long time since kids were afraid of growing hair in places they never had before or girls being afraid of their breasts. 

If you wish the best for me. I would suggest that people like yourself. Should be more accepting of other people. Keep an open mind and don't assume there is anything wrong with someone because they don't behave in the norm.

John M. Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2015 at 11:13pm | IP Logged | 9  

Anthony, psychological problems dealing with puberty is not something that stopped in the 1950s.

But you seem determined to label me a bigot when I am no such thing.

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2015 at 11:51pm | IP Logged | 10  

John I'm only responding to what you've written. I haven't labeled you a bigot. I don't know you well enough to know if you are a bigot or just close minded and ill informed. 

As far as the psychological problems of puberty are concerned. I don't know if you are inferring that being transgender is a issue of puberty. If that is what you are suggesting. I have to say that Jenner is hitting puberty rather late in life.

John M. Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2015 at 12:12am | IP Logged | 11  

But his problems could have started in puberty.  He said he always felt that way.

Personally, before he announced his desire for a sex change, I thought he probably had some form of body dysmorphia.

That was because of his nose job.  I mean, his original nose was perfect.  I wish my nose was like that.

Another example of body dysmorphia would be Pete Burns of Dead or Alive. He was an attractive enough fellow, but all of his plastic surgeries have turned him into a Cher caricature.

I just believe that people are so afraid of offending someone or not being politically correct that they might encourage someone's obsessions when they shouldn't.

Petter Myhr Ness
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2015 at 12:50am | IP Logged | 12  

Michael, of course it is a choice.
--

Try picking a random person and choose to be attracted to that person. Then tell me how you get on.

<< Prev Page of 16 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version