Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 19 Next >>
Topic: Question for JB: How do you deal with these sorts of Morons? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 7:28pm | IP Logged | 1  

Everybody lauds this woman for being courageous enough to tell it like it is?

-------------------

I saw this too and don't really understand how or why they think she is so brave? She pretends that the casting choice of Sue Storm was completely accepted without mention of any controversy. I love how she insinuates that JB has been putting racist cartoons in many of his covers. Chris Cross does come off as a whiny pompous fool himself. The N-word is pure controversy and should not be used casually IMO based on the history and what I understand of the word, however to pretend as they are that it is not used in society today in music and some speech is disingenuous. To some the N-word is an insult to everything that MLK fought against and for others it is casual slang. They act as if it is never used and anyone who says the word is an instant racist, I think this word has a lot more complexity then what she is trying to play it off as. Well at least she was able to use JB to get a little attention.

Back to Top profile | search | www

James Stewart
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 7:33pm | IP Logged | 2  

i think she vreally wants to jump on your bones JB.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Simon Matthew Park
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 7:40pm | IP Logged | 3  

Many thanks for the reply, JB. I've always held your work in high esteem, found it inspirational in fact, and couldn't believe the crap I'd read. It was great to hear that these two idiots don't have any effect (not that I though they did, mind you!), and that others can see their hypocrisy. I think that you're completely right to say she's entitled to an informed opinion - freedom of speech is a right we all treasure, but, sadly, it's a right some folks see fit to abuse, at the expense of others. I found it ironic that  the stuff she quotes you as saying actually flies in the face of her argument! 

Reading her slanderous remarks just got me thinking about how I'd feel if somebody were putting this stuff on the net about me, and I wondered if I'd be able to cope with this level of insulting bull****! I wasn't trying to be negative, just wanted to hear your opinion. Thanks again, JB, for your whole body of work! I also think that talentless hacks will always be jealous of those who possess genuine talent. All she did with this article was live up to the more derogatory connotations of her own surname! As for this other joker...I've read comics for three decades, and I'd never heard of him!

Back to Top profile | search

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 7:48pm | IP Logged | 4  

OK, I read that column in which there are quotes from the artist CrissCross. It seems a mixture of misunderstanding and exaggeration. ChrisCross writes that he told JB that if it weren't for his work, CrissCross wouldn't be in the comics industry. He writes that JB responded, "you make it sound like I was with your mother."

Now, somehow, CrissCross takes this as one of the worse insults he has ever heard. He claims that he told JB  that he "...would smack him in his fat baldhead if he repeated that silly statement."

And that person that wrote the column on that site also brings up the whole deal about the "Uncanny X-Men" cover with the picture of a cartoony black character in the UPC box. The columnist writes, "...Sure, He will deny this. And like I said, maybe he didn't do it. But I am reminded of the 'If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's a racist pig' saying. Isn't that how it goes?"

Now, as I recall, JB claimed that he didn't recall the details about that picture, but he did say it was possible that he may have been the artist.

Why do people try to distort things so much?... The easier to demonize someone, I guess. 

Edited by Matt Hawes on 06 February 2006 at 7:49pm

James Stewart
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 7:54pm | IP Logged | 5  

anyone have a pic of her?

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 7:56pm | IP Logged | 6  

No. Spare us. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

James Stewart
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 8:22pm | IP Logged | 7  

i'd prefer to see what she looks like before i read what she writes.Does she have big smids,i only listen to burds with big smids.

Dusty Abell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 8:50pm | IP Logged | 8  

"F*cking psycho nut scumbag. Death is too good for a monster like that"

EASY NOW!

Edited by Dusty Abell on 06 February 2006 at 8:50pm
Back to Top profile | search

Roger A Ott II
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 8:59pm | IP Logged | 9  

I also found it funny that damn near everyone posting there had something to say about us, the fans of JB, as if we were some sort of deviant followers who hang on his every word.  But, apparently the same doesn't apply to the dozens of assholes who flocked in to post in support of the woman who wrote the column.

Didier Yvon Paul Fayolle
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 9:22pm | IP Logged | 10  

For someone who don't care about Mister B., she must have been lurking here quite often....

Martin Kogan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 10:20pm | IP Logged | 11  

By the by, that Captain Marvel image posted on the first page of this thread is from artist Ariel Olivetti.

Thanos Kollias
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 February 2006 at 2:48am | IP Logged | 12  

I haven't witnessed so much stupidity gathered in one place for a long time.

ChrisCross doesn't come across as an intelligent person at all. And the lady who wrote the article must really have an awful lot of free time in her hands to devote so much energy to write something against John Byrne and find all that scattered "evidence". The saddest part was the covers form the FF and Action Comics.... So, JB is accused among other things because he uses the UPC corner box in his drawings, something that will never ever see print! Next time, they could search his recycle bin and find out what drawings he threw away (damn, I just gave those idiots a "good" idea!).

Edited by Thanos Kollias on 07 February 2006 at 2:57am

<< Prev Page of 19 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version