Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Commissioned Artwork
Byrne Robotics > Commissioned Artwork << Prev Page of 9
Topic: Hyde and Go Seek - 03.27/28.08 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 March 2008 at 9:18pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I love the expression on Cap's face, BTW. You can pretty much bet that Spider-Man's saying something wry, with Cap saying something like "This is no time for jokes, Spider-Man! Hyde's a dangerous foe, and we need to take him down before someone gets hurt - or worse!"
Back to Top profile | search

Trevor Smith
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 3:58am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Well, much as I don't want this thread to devolve into one of those "who can beat who" things, I think that with invulnerability taken out of the equation, a high velocity billy club between the eyes is going to sting somewhat, no?  Followed by the inevitable, involuntary tearing of the eyes (er, tearing, as in cry, not tearing, as in rip!).  Anyway, I certainly see scenarios where Daredevil is certainly not completely outclassed by Hyde, to say the least.  Especially taking into account the fluctuating power levels that Chris mentioned, something I have no knowledge of.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Thorsten Brochhaus
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 4:34am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

There is no way anyone could criticize this sweet piece of art!

---

Everything is possible.
I am not a big fan of the Cap pose in that pic (but the Spider-Man pose is absolutly perfect, and JBs Spider-Man is usually not one of my favourites). But over all, it's a great looking commission.

Joakim Jahlmar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 9:24am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Sweetness!!!
And seeing Cap and Hyde again feels nice after having so recently read the JB/Stern Cap run. I wish there had been more...  At least that mentioned Red Skull story. There's a character and story there that just screams for the Byrne/Stern treatment.

Ari wrote:
"What I like best about the way you draw Spider-Man is that you can ALWAYS Tell that there is a face underneath the mask."

Don't know if it's what I like best, but I most certainly agree that it is a GREAT feature of JB's Spider-Man.

Ryan wrote:
"Great, I loved Hyde in your Captain America run.  Roger used him to great effect later in The Avengers."

Stern returned to Hyde in his Avengers run?!?!? Dammit, when's that TPB going to be re-released (and did the old TPB collect all the Stern material or is there need for more than one?).

Pascal wrote (on Hyde's strength class):
"Doesn't make much sense when you think of how many times Daredevil beat him with just a mere billy club."

Wasn't there always an issue of his strength class not being stable at fifty. If I recall correctly (and the latest encounter would be JB and Stern's Cap issues which I read less than a month ago, I believe) his strength and stamina was depending upon when he last ingested his chemicals and which dosage. Meaning, DD could've encountered him on occasions when he wasn't maxed out.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Joel Tesch
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 3:17pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Joakim wrote:

"Stern returned to Hyde in his Avengers run?!?!? Dammit, when's that TPB going to be re-released (and did the old TPB collect all the Stern material or is there need for more than one?)."

It was during Stern's multipart Masters of Evil storyline and Hyde was never more vicious. Beat the hell out of the Black Knight and then had Captain America and Black Knight watch as he tortured Jarvis.

Joakim Jahlmar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 March 2008 at 2:14am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Thanks, Joel, let's hope Marvel come to their senses and reprint the old TPB (and possibly any material by Stern not including in that one).

Or to put it another way, let's hope Marvel reprints most stuff bearing the name of Stern or Byrne. And that, of course, includes The Lost Generation (which I want to read and which seems perfect for TPB format).

Back to Top profile | search | www

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 9
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version