Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 27 Next >>
Topic: Donald Trump (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2015 at 3:59pm | IP Logged | 1  

he comes off as a loudmouth jackass. but he may not be the first president to do so if elected...  it also seems he's not good at thinking before he speaks.
i kind of get what he meant with the whole mexico thing, he just said it poorly. i think he meant: its not the most affluent immigrants coming here, and the criminal element is far under-reported. and i can see that point. and im all for knowing where these people are/documenting them in case they are extreme criminals...and i also agree there needs to be a limit to how many people immigrate in no matter where theyre from. we're allowed to choose who moves here, why shouldnt we. btw, my dad is an immigrant as are all his siblings. sneaking across the border just isnt good for this country. but a wall isnt good for the ecology nor is it natural. we should take some of the overbloated defense budget and put more into the borders. i also defer to what the people living ON the borders think cuz theyre the ones dealing with it. i think we should be trying to help mexico clean up its crime too, but not just by throwing money at it. mexico could be a lot better off than it is.

Edited by Robert Ingrao on 25 July 2015 at 3:59pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Bill Guerra
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2015 at 4:08pm | IP Logged | 2  

Is the rate of illegal immigration falling? In just the past year, two people at my work have been deported. And one came back! And then mysteriously left again...
Back to Top profile | search

Wilson Mui
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2015 at 5:15pm | IP Logged | 3  

This is from an article in the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/20/us/politics/facing-the-fac ts-on-illegal-immigration.html?_r=0

•Net migration from Mexico is negative, many experts say; more people are returning to Mexico than are illegally crossing the border into the United States.

•There are 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States, down from more than 12 million in 2007. The downward trend began in the final year of the George W. Bush administration.

Jeremy Simington
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2015 at 5:48pm | IP Logged | 4  

JOHN M. JACKSON: Yes, he was very inarticulate, but that's what he meant.

Ohhhh, I see now. Well then, that makes it OK. What a great candidate. I guess he also didn't really mean that Vietnam War POWs who were captured aren't heroes.

TRUMP 2016: HE'S INARTICULATE & DOESN'T REALLY MEAN IT

John M. Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2015 at 6:07pm | IP Logged | 5  

Jeremy, I didn't say I would want him to be president.

But a lot of people are tired of charming liars and will settle for an honest A-hole.

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2015 at 7:40pm | IP Logged | 6  

But a lot of people are tired of charming liars and will settle for an honest A-hole.

============================

As animals, we humans look for strength in our pack leaders, even if it means looking past tendencies of stupidity or cruelty (GWB). And we attack leaders who seem to be weak, even if they are generally intelligent or competent (Obama). It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we end up with President Trump, should Hilary somehow screw up big time. 

Edited by Joe Zhang on 25 July 2015 at 7:43pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2015 at 7:53pm | IP Logged | 7  

But a lot of people are tired of charming liars and will settle for an
honest A-hole.

-----

I think people are confusing being provocative and willing to play
(emphasis on play) the enfant terrible as honesty.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 25 July 2015 at 9:40pm | IP Logged | 8  

I question Trump's supposed "honesty".  He's as corporate as they come.  He's considered "honest" only insomuch as he's saying things he knows a certain segment of the population will connect to...just like any politician.  I find his entire brand repulsive.  Have for decades.  He doesn't give two shits about anyone that won't get him somewhere or give him something.  It just so happens the people he needs this time 'round are voters, so he'll pretend to be "just like us". 

John M. Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2015 at 4:42am | IP Logged | 9  

Matt, Trump is a blowhard and a braggart, but I don't believe a thought stays in his head long enough for a lie to form before it has exited his mouth.

People like Joe Biden for the same reason.

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2015 at 6:27am | IP Logged | 10  

"Clinton was the beneficiary of the Dot Com boom (bubble) that burst after he left office and a Republican Congress that forced him to balance the budget."

-----

Just wanted to point out that the .com bubble burst began in March 2000, nearly a year before Clinton left office. People love to blame GWB for everything bad that happened during the 2000's (like 9/11) just like they love to praise Bill Clinton for everything good that happened in the 90's, when it's really not all that cut and dried.

Jeremy Simington
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2015 at 7:32am | IP Logged | 11  

JOHN M. JACKSON: Jeremy, I didn't say I would want him to be president.

And yet you are an avid apologist for him. Why? Do you think he's helping the GOP? They sure don't. What do you think about him saying that John McCain is not a war hero because he was captured? Is that type of asshole honesty an admirable quality? What do you think about him doxxing Lindsay Graham? Do you really think this is the behavior that a typical American wants from a presidential candidate?

John M. Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2015 at 7:44am | IP Logged | 12  

I don't know that I am an avid apologist for him.  I can just understand his appeal.

Also, I don't care if it is hurting the party or not.  I enjoy the theatrics.  Why should the primaries be a bore?

<< Prev Page of 27 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version