Posted: 13 June 2016 at 8:25am | IP Logged | 1  

Trump is frustrating. LINK
Back to Top profile | search

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 13 June 2016 at 8:30am | IP Logged | 2  

Marcio Ferreira wrote:
A Muslim can murder 50 homosexuals. and liberals still defend them...

I challenge you to find anyone in this thread who is "defending" a mass murderer.  You can't.  No one here is defending or justifying his actions.  As to the Muslim faith itself, while I have a problem with all religions and all faiths, I personally take issue with painting every single follower of a given faith with such a broad brush as to make them all complicit in the crimes of the radicalized.  That goes for Muslim as well as Christian extremists. 

Second, once again nice turning this into a thread bashing Muslims.  The horrific murders are only just a day old, investigators are still combing through evidence to determine what exactly happened, yet you've confirmed the worst and jumped on the bandwagon.  Shades of that vile Trump tweet that was essentially an "I told you so" hours after the worst mass murder in US history with little more to go on than maybe, possibly the shooter had "sympathies" with a terrorist cell without waiting for information to come to the surface, such as the murderer's ex-wife saying that he was mentally ill, specifically bi-polar.   

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2016 at 8:45am | IP Logged | 3  

Well said, Matt.

Thom Price
Byrne Robotics Member
L’Homme Diabolique

Posted: 13 June 2016 at 8:47am | IP Logged | 4  

505 mass shootings in the US between 2015 and 2016 so far; three were even tangentially related to Islamic terrorism. I have more to fear from asshole Americans with too easy access to guns than I do from Islamic terrorists.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2016 at 8:52am | IP Logged | 5  

The opportunism on display is pretty galling. "It's time we did something -- about changing the subject!

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Marcio Ferreira
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2016 at 8:52am | IP Logged | 6  

Matt, I was not refering to anyone specificaly in this thread, I was refering to the general concern that Liberals tend to show with Islam. Maybe this picture will show what I meant:

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 13 June 2016 at 8:59am | IP Logged | 7  

How does being against "Islamophobia" qualify in any way as "defending" murder?

I'm against Islamophobia.

Marcio Ferreira
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2016 at 9:11am | IP Logged | 8  

I never suggested that Liberals were defending murder, but defending Islam. It is hard to understand why Liberals are so hardcore against Christians (or Jews) like the situation with the cake for the gay wedding, and treat Islam so differently... 
Watch the video that I posted yesterday with the Muslim religious leader giving a speach against homossexuals in Orlando only two months ago. He said it with a very soft voice that homossexuals should die out of compassion. 
I will be tolerant with Islam when I see Islamic leaders say that it is ok to be a gay muslim. (before anyone jump and say that are Christians that are hardcore against it just like Muslims, this vision is not shared by ALL Christians, and I challenge anyone to show me an Iman saying that it is ok to be a gay muslim).

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2016 at 9:15am | IP Logged | 9  

Is it time to ban assault rifles yet??

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 13 June 2016 at 9:25am | IP Logged | 10  

Is it time to ban assault rifles yet??

•••

That should have been the first time a gangster picked up a tommygun.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 13 June 2016 at 9:42am | IP Logged | 11  

Marcio Ferreira wrote:
It is hard to understand why Liberals are so hardcore against Christians (or Jews) like the situation with the cake for the gay wedding, and treat Islam so differently...

You're really hardcore into lumping everyone into categories and then generalizing them.  At the risk of generalizing myself, Liberals are not "so hardcore against Christians (or Jews)" at all.  They tend to be hardcore against inequality.  They're hardcore against treating a class of citizens as "less than" simply because that class doesn't subscribe to a specific point of view.  They are inclusive rather than exclusive.  They are not so quick to lump an extremist on the fringe with everyone else who happen to share the same faith.  

You can despise a store that refuses to see the hypocrisy in not making a cake for a gay couple's wedding yet still makes cakes for a couple who have collectively gone through four divorces (or making cakes for couples who came by their relationship through adultery) without being "hardcore" against the entire Christian faith just as you can despise one man who took it upon himself to murder 50 people without blaming all those who are Muslim.  

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2016 at 10:38am | IP Logged | 12  

So glad Matt is here. Clear, concise and reasonably calm responses to MF. Something I lost long ago. /waving the Matt Reed flag

<< Prev Page of 20 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version