Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 38 Next >>
Topic: Impeachment (Again) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 September 2019 at 3:02am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

The real charge is that Trump is a mentally disturbed danger to the US and the world. The Ukraine issue is just the most actionable excuse to get rid of him. Frankly, he should have been removed (and jailed) a long time ago for a dozen far more serious acts.

As is often cited, Al Capone was jailed for tax fraud, but in that case as well, everyone knew precisely why he really needed to be jailed.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Mark Waldman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 September 2019 at 12:38pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I agree Koroush that he's done so much that should have caused him to be removed or incarcerated before this (let alone never being the president in the first place!) but I wouldn't make light of this very serious crime. While not original (he's already colluded with foreign powers for his own gain), his misdeeds recently are historic.

It will be interesting to see if he "wins" a second term. He will be increasingly desperate and dangerous as the election heats up as he knows full well that once out of the WH, he will be meat for the SDNY and very likely behind bars. His worst is yet to come.
Back to Top profile | search

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 September 2019 at 2:17pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

My guess is the activity that is allowing this impeachment inquiry to gain steam isn't even the worst thing he has done in office. His private meeting with Putin where none of the notes are available or even the discussions that took place with Russian officials in the Oval Office. I doubt the subject matter of those two meetings was limited to inauguration crowd sizes and the bigness of Trump's brain. I hope this inquiry, though limited, will break the damn of info that is out there.

Mark Waldman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 September 2019 at 2:47pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Great points, Eric. We're all fortunate he's both stupid and mentally ill or all of this could be far worse. I'd say his twitter account will be his undoing - lots on record, all lies. 

Hard to rate what his worst offenses are - some don't even get that much discussion. The inciting violence that has resulted in mass shooting deaths to me very high up on his list. Multiple treason incidents almost petty crimes which is beyond insane. Time to remake The Manchurian Candidate again - far too tame a story the first two go rounds.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 September 2019 at 3:40pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Walked by and my father had the tv on FOX News (for some reason he likes to see what bs they're spouting), and they were talking about the Ukrraine. I don't know who it was, but some jackass being interviewed said someting along the lines of "If the Biden family did anything bad, shouldn't the American people have the right to know about it?" That was all I could stand to hear, so I walked away.

Love how Republican jerks  try to justify what Trump did, but let him get away with murder.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 September 2019 at 6:04pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Every American has the right to meet their accuser. 

Schiff needs to be questioned for the highest level of fraud and treason. 

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 29 September 2019 at 6:05pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Trump and the Republicans have one basic answer to everything:

I KNOW YOU ARE, BUT WHAT AM I?

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 September 2019 at 6:06pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

More like “but it’s ok when I do it.”

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 September 2019 at 6:07pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Big Consequences!

Koroush Ghazi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 September 2019 at 8:12pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Mark Waldman wrote:
...I wouldn't make light of this very serious crime. While not original (he's already colluded with foreign powers for his own gain), his misdeeds recently are historic.

The reality is that all world leaders make these sort of backroom deals. That's why Wikileaks was universally hated by all governments: it revealed what everyone already suspected. What makes Trump unique is that he's (a) stupid enough to do it so brazenly; and (b) even dumber for releasing evidence incriminating himself. But the Ukraine issue is, in relative terms, just another day at the office for Trump. It will take years to sift through the mess Trump leaves behind and find the truly heinous acts. It will be the stuff of legends.

I used to self-identify as "conservative", but Trump and the modern-day Republicans, along with other prominent right-wingers around the world, like Boris Johnson, have basically made this akin to saying "I have a mental illness".

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 September 2019 at 9:01pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

And here's his call to arms. Whoever said he'd follow protocol and the law and leave office peacefully when the time comes, here you go:

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 September 2019 at 9:02pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

And that was a tweet by a republican member of the house. 

<< Prev Page of 38 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version